1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Media......Software.....Hardware....????

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by DRUNKN, Sep 24, 2003.

1. DRUNKN

DRUNKN Guest

I'm using a sony dru500a with latest firmware, recordnow max to burn & Princo 1-4x dvd-rs.

Just bought a tub of 25 of these disks. Burned a number of movies (4.36gb). Then i checked the last few chapters on each movie to c if everything was ok and yes played no probs right to the end.(sonydvp 735s standalone) But......

When i watched a movie burned on these disks from start to finish it screws up near the end?? why when i 1st checked it by playing the last couple of chapters it is fine but when i watch the complete movie it screws up at the end???

Does the disk heat up the longer it plays thus causing me these problems?

Anyone know?

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Could be a couple of issues. One thing I would try is decreasing your output. For example, if you use DVD2one I set it to 4444 MB instead of the default 4464 MB.

Other things I've heard; some say the Princo's are not reliable. Now I've burned dozens with no issues, with my 2X burner. You might want to force the DVD to burn at 2X rather than 4X.

3. DRUNKN

DRUNKN Guest

Hi

yeah, i'm pretty sure that if i make the output files no more than 4.32g then i'll be ok.

Weird how if i skipped to the last chapter on my standalone I could watch it with no problems. But when i got to the last chapter watching the movie from the start, it would screw up!

cheers m8