1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does 3.03 OE B support plugins????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by joshont, Jan 11, 2007.

1. joshont

joshont Regular member

cuz on the recovery screen it says "plugins" but its empty, anyone know where to get some and what do they do??

2. guano

guano Regular member

Plugins are essentially things like the screenshot mod and the mp3 player module (from IrShell. - prx files, mostly). They didn't work w/ 3.03 OE-A, so I'm not expecting them to work yet. I'm sure Dark_AleX will announce when they work b/c it's a known problem. In fact, none of my homebrew would launch w/ my modules/plugins active and I couldn't figure out what the problem was for the life of me. Still don't know how I figured it out, but it's true.

3. joshont

joshont Regular member

is there anything i could do about the 4th brightness level?

4. guano

guano Regular member

Play your PSP w/ it plugged into the wall? That's about it, me thinks. I could be wrong tho. There actually might be a brightness module. Lemme know if you find it. :D

5. joshont

joshont Regular member

6. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

put plugins in ms0:/seplugins/

enable them in recovery menu

there are prx's that allow 4th level brightness. powerprx i believe?

7. joshont

joshont Regular member

i know now, im just looking for more

8. ZenDuo

ZenDuo Guest

i came across a plugin that lets you play iso's off the pc through the usb connection just like devhook use to do. this is for cfw 3.03 OE-A (B). has anyone else tried it out. just curious because i hadn't really seen much about it.

ZenDuo

9. ZenDuo

ZenDuo Guest

i heard this also works on 3.02 OE-A

10. raganarok

raganarok Guest

on 3.03 oe-b there is a brightness prx which i found in a 2.71 prx bundle which works oe-b

11. guano

guano Regular member

12. raganarok

raganarok Guest

13. Xithon

Xithon Member

I'm quite interested in the plugins, too, I was expecting to find a screen capture module but obviously there may be a wait until someone can make one for 3.03 OE-B.

The playing of ISOs through the USB sounds interesting, do you have any more details about it or was it just something you've heard of or thought about?

That QuickPower 0.91 plugin looked ok but it mentioned in the description flashing? Does this mean plugins need to be flashed to the PSP along with the 3.03 OE-B files to work?

14. guano

guano Regular member

Only sometimes. But then again, there are alternative versions. (non-flash required.) I would obviously recommend those.

15. ZenDuo

ZenDuo Guest

found some threads talking about it on the psp-hacks, and maxconsole forums.

i still had usbhost set up on my computer from my devhook days. i downloaded the plugin, put it on my mem stick and gave it a try. it's a little buggy. seems people either get it to work great or not at all. it seems to interfere with other plugins and homebrews quite a bit, but you can always disable the plugins via recovery mode and it seems to take care of the problem. played mortal kombat unchained for about 30 minutes with no issues at all. but, i also don't use any other plugins right now either. i love being able to play my iso's from the pc again and not having to load them on my memory stick all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  16. Xithon

Xithon Member

Hmm, sounds funky. :)

I never got round to getting usbhostfs before as I never had devhook 0.46 and I only ever saw help threads addressing how to use the two together.

Another problem was the fact I could never find the darn program in the first place, heh heh...

I may try to get it working later, I assume you simply put the PRX file in the usbhostfs into the plugins folder in the root of the MS? I forget what the folder was called which you put the plugins into now. Meh.

17. guano

guano Regular member

Yea, it's quite nice. I hope D_A fixes the modules problem tho. It does screw everything up. (I couldn't launch Homebrew or Isos w/ the screenshotbmp.prx activated.) In fact, I thought I had a bad install of OE until, 2 days later, I figured out it was the modules.

18. joshont

joshont Regular member

the link has a prx that goes to the 4th brightness

19. joshont

joshont Regular member

does anyone know how to use the CWCHEAT prx thing....like how to use codes or basically how to use it?

20. guano

guano Regular member

o_O w00t! I gotta check that out! Will do when I get home. Way to kill the battery!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007