1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does 360 Record TV Like Tivo???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chibby, Jan 23, 2007.

1. chibby

chibby Member

I know this is a noob ? but im in the market for a 360 and was wondering if it could be used as a dvr. I couldnt find any posts about it so I thought id ask. Also do you need a chip to play backup games? Thanks!

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

how do you seriously think that a 360 could be used as a dvr????? and if you would have done a little bit of searching, or even read any of the stickied articles, you would have seen that the 360s do need a FW flash, or a modchip to play back up games.

3. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

umm DVR will be on the 360 through Iptv in middle/late 2007...so yes if you get iptv the xboxs360 will be a dvr cable boxs...its not a hardware update so anyone will be able to get it look here for prooof.. http://on10.net/Blogs/tina/you-heard-it-people-carbon-is-real/

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/ces2007/microsoftintegratesiptvsoftwareplatform.htm

and you have to flash your drive..

4. chibby

chibby Member

Thoaith12 thanks for the informative post.

5. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

no promblem! happy to help out..

6. antomic

antomic Regular member

troll.

7. billz

billz Active member

you could always record tv with windows media edtion and stream it to the 360

8. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ya, im a troll because i told him to do a little bit of research and he would have found the answers to his questions. and about the link stating that the xbox 360 2 is coming out i do not believe since last week there was an entire thread discussing the letter that microsoft itself sent out stating that they had no intention on releasing a new 360 with the hdmi nor the 120 gig HD. he he would have searched he would have found this article as well.

wow and to my surprise just by typing in "xbox 360 version 2" the very first result answered his question about the "new" 360 with the iptv function.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8347.cfm

and it took a whole 5 seconds to find it.

however with billz comment of using WME to record the shows, and watch through the 360 via streaming it, is possible, but this does not make your 360 into a dvr as chibby asked.

9. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

That is very old...Iptv is going to be on every aboxs 360 old and new ...and as for the xbox 360 2 the company says no one will be left behind meaning us who already have them will be able to upgrade ours.... so iptv will be available on any new or old xbox 360... it is not a hardware update its a software update..