1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anybody know were i could buy a premod ps2 from a good site

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BadDagger, Apr 13, 2005.

1. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

ok i messed up my ps2 really really bad and will not run. So i need to get a new one but i want to have a chip in it, but i also do not want to put the chip in it myself! So i was wondering if anybody here knows of a good website that i could buy a premoded ps2 but the sites have to reliable cause i dont want to be spending around $200 and find out that the site just ripped me off... I need a site that is reliable, fast in delivery and does not over charge, and that some one can say honstly they did buy a ps2 from them.

i been looking at some site if some one could tell me if these are good site or not that would be help full cause i really dont want to be riped off of $200+

Getitrepaird.com
    xpsmods.com
    xteammods.com
    modwhiz.com

so far that thoes looked like they were selling a pre mod ps2 for a fair deal... so if anybody knows anything about thoes site please let me know...

but also like i said before if anybody knows of a good site to buy a pre mod ps2 let me know plz

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  2. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

3. clouser

clouser Guest

try www.consolesource.com they from what iv heard are realy good and wont over charge hey what are your plans for the busted ps2?

4. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

well i am thinking about selling it parts cause everything eles is good why do u have idear or somthing?

5. clouser

clouser Guest

i could fix it depending on whats wrong with it.:)

6. clouser

clouser Guest

you wouldent happen to have a copy of the hdloader disc would you?

7. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

no it was just a v4 ps2 i had nothing on it it was just a reg ps2 and i think that the mother board was fryed or something cause when i pluged it in with the chip all i got was a black screen and when i took it off i still got just a black screen and nothing would happen i would press the eject button or the reset and nothing would change

8. clouser

clouser Guest

did you try souldering a chip to the mother board if so you might have just bridged to gaps togather with the solder.

what were you using to boot your games?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2005
  9. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

i put in the magic 3.1 pluse (well i tried to at least) hey if there is any solder between the gaps how do i get it out just in case there is some in between that gaps

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  10. clouser

clouser Guest

there is a liquide solder remover you can get at a hardware store it works realy good just use with a small brush hey would you want to sell or trade the swap magics ?

11. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

umm. swap magic what is that? i think u might have miss understod me i have a mod chip called magic 3.1 pluse

12. clouser

clouser Guest

oh i thought you said swap magic its a set of boot discs you can use
    but as for the solder the remover is sold at radio shack and any majore hardware store does the mod chip still work?

13. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

i really dont know to be honest because this was my frist chip that i ever tried to install and when i tried to get it running then that is what happen ( a black screen with no options) so i dont even know if it worked at all

Hey i got on more question on my mother board the wire that connets to reste and eject botton well that end of the wire that connects to the mother board on the mother board the place the wire connects to broke is there a way to fix that cause if my prob is just solder between the gaps i need to replace that part on my mother board that hold the wire so i can eject and rest

14. clouser

clouser Guest

do you mean the cable from rest eject buttons that gos into the machine? on the end of the wire leading into the ps2 there is a plastic clip that gos on the end is that what you mean cause if so just replace the cable.

15. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

ok the cable(wire) that connects the rest button and eject botton to the mother board is what i am talking about. on the mother board were the wire connects to the mother board is broken ( i was moving my ps2 while it was opened up the top part of the case fell and riped the cable/wire off the mother board

16. clouser

clouser Guest

ok now i have a clear pictur i did the same thing just use some twezzers or some thing of the like and push it back into place or you can get a new one thats longer and do the same thing . it should have a slot just under the disc drive to put it into its right next to another wire(cable) just make sure not to bend or crinkle the cable and it should go in fine but if you tore it off youll need a new 1.

17. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

it not the cable it what the cable connects into on the motherboard... that slot that u were talking about it broke on me and it will not hold the cable in. so is there a way to like put a new slot there ( replace that slot thingy that that the cable connects into on the mother board under the disk drive)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  18. ch4r13s

ch4r13s Member

i bought my premod from http://www.xmodd.com/. I'll be real, they are really slow in delivery and i had to bargain with them to install a DMS4 Lite instead of a Pro, to send out my PS2 faster. Apparentely they didnt have any Pro's in stock, but thats another story. Other than that, they did an awesome job installing my DMS4 Lite into my PS2 Slimline and i havent had any problems playing backups. The price is a little high as well but you get what you pay for.

19. steimy

steimy Active member

got mine at http://www.xmodd.com too
    they do take 2-3 weeks, because when i ordered mine they were also out of the DMS4 Pro chip, but it is worth waiting for.
    But it works great, even better with the ToxicOS flash
    Not the new flash is out for the DMS4 Pro that will let you play DVD9 games and has harddrive support.

20. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

um.. ok one question about this sit www.xmodd.com i read that when the slim ps2 has a chip in it the laser has to be fixed(moved around)when u buy the chip from that web site do they fix the laser?

Also i heard that some games when burned need to be patched, but i also heard that with some chips you dont need to patch the game cause the chip will take care of that problem.. does the DMS4 Pro chip do that?

on more question do i need to install the programes to this chip like a xbox.. i mean do i need to flash it? cause if so i will have no clue how to do that.