1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Anydvd Actually Interfere?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LRosSo, Feb 8, 2007.

1. LRosSo

LRosSo Member

I hope it is okay to ask this question in this forum, You guys have always been so helpful in the past that I just as soon come to you
    with anything. I have always backed up my movies successfully with
    DVD Shrink and Anydvd running in the background. But with the new releases of late,(Saw 3, Open Season, Running w/ Scissors) This technique is not cutting it. What I have noticed is that my previously successful back-ups such as "Crank" & "Gridiron Gang" will not even play on my Computer with Anydvd running in the background.
    It movie will just loop the menu tracks. Now if I shut down Anydvd it will play fine. Now this is not a major inconvience for me. I was simply curious if anyone else is has had a similar experience. Once again, I'd like to thank anyone that took the time to read this and appreciate any replies. Afterdawn's the Best!!

Running latest version of Anydvd 6.1.1.4
    And my back-ups also have no issues playing in my standalone player.

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

maybe you mean something different.Anydvd doesnt actually interfere but allows you to circumvent the copy protections and will allow other countries discs to play on your machine, whether that be pal ,ntsc etc.

In one sense it does interfere but in another its like a companion tool, because with out it you wont get very far.

You might need to upgrade your shrink to nero recode 2 as the shrink program is old hat and isnt really updated anymore and that may be the issue

3. LRosSo

LRosSo Member

I'm not really having a problem backing-up .. But simply playing back
    my backup with anydvd running. That same disc has no problem playing in my standalone player.

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

There is some kind of looping encryption on those new discs.and a lot of bad cells. I have not encountered your problem with those but if it plays fine, turning off AnyDVD won't hurt. Maybe someone who knows about this issue will come along and explain it. You're up to date with AnyDVD.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'd suggest Ripit4Me. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html It rips, and cleans, and processes for compliance. The new copy protections require all that to record properly. With some releases DVDFAb Decrypter and AnyDVD have been doing only part of the job.