Discussion in 'PS2' started by psx245, May 6, 2003.
if you have a slide card please tell me the negative and the positive things about it.
i use a credit card as a slide card and it works for all cd-r non EA games for me. I have a gamshark2 ver2 and it doesnt boot dvd-r backups, does anyone know if swap magic will solve this?
The gameshark 2 ver2 works with dvd-r backups. I know this because i've done it before. Well heres how it works.
1) load up the gameshark normally.
2) once you get to the main menu press eject and insert an origial dvd game.(big in size)preferably. then press eject again.
3) now click the second opion. (the "CODES" button)
4) in here just select any game, but heres the essential part. (turn on some codes or turn some codes off)it doesn't matter.
4) press start to go to the main menu
5) Select to start game w/out cheats
6) after pressing this a screen will come up saying "Updating codes directory" or something like that (remembering from memory)
7) at this moment the original dvd will have stop spinning, here you have about 10 seconds to swap the original with the backup.
8) After the gameshark finishes updating the directory the game will load. *hopefully =p
8) works for either non-solder or knift trick
note: version 7 doesn't work with the gameshark
zondahp, yes swap magic discs will boot up dvd based back-ups. except for some of the newer games that ckeck for security more than once. (ex. splinter cell)
i forgot to mention that they work with a slide card.
thanks a lot M3gaMan. i cant believe it worked, i thought i would have to buy a swap magic!
i have one more problem playing any ea games, what specifically do i have to do to play a game like high heat 2004 with my gameshark2 using swap trick?
For EA sports game you need an EA Patch for them to boot up.
I play ea games without a patch with swap magic, but i am planning on installing a messiah 2 pro soon. swap magic discs are $19.99_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I would rather be playing HALO!!![/small]
problem is that i cant find a patch for high heat 2004 or The sims. any solutions?
I suggest you get the swap magic disc. They are more powerful than ar2 and gs2 and i'm pretty sure they will boot the games you listed. The swap magic disc works with either a no solder modchip or the knift trick. Personally i tried booting The Sims with a gameshark 2 ver2 and wasn't able to (even getting a patch for it). However after doing the same with the swap magic it booted up perfectly.
thanks a lot M3gaMan, wheres a good place to buy a swap magic disk?
a good place to buy magic swap disc is http://www.modchipinc.com
The swap magic disc retail around $20 dollars. I got mine at www.the-console-corner.com but there are plenty of other sites that have them for sale. Google it.
Separate names with a comma.