1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know about a Pioneer DVR-225 ?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by MeNoRike, Mar 15, 2005.

1. MeNoRike

MeNoRike Member

I've got a Pioneer DVR-225 and I would like to know what people's opinions on it, and to see if it's actually worth keeping. I recently traded in a Panasonic E-55S to Best Buy and got the Pioneer, was that a wise choice ?

The only problem I've been having with the thing is trying to get a DVD-rw disc to play in other players at my home. Do I have to copy the DVD-RW to a DVD-R ? Or can I take the DVD-RW through DVD Decrypter and build it in DVDLab Pro ?

2. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

I have the DVR-420 (same as the 225 w/ HDD). It is a great recorder. It has all the features you could want or need plus the recording quality is great.

As far as playing the discs in other players, make sure you initialize the disc in VIDEO mode, not VR mode. After recording to the disc, finalize it. It should play in most players if you do it this way and since you are using a DVD-RW, you can re-initialize it and use it again.

If you are planning on keeping the recording, use a DVD-R.

The key is using VIDEO mode. With this, you will also be able, if you want, to use DVD Decrypter on the disc and rip it to the computer.

I hope this helps