1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know how to use their scanner

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Kyosanada, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Kyosanada

Kyosanada Member

I have been having a problem with editing my scanned papers. Does anyone know ow I can change words around and type in new ones

2. Mufasa33

Mufasa33 Member

When you see the ting you scanned in your scanning program. Select all of it, and copy it, and then paste it into either notepad, or into word. You can edit it from there.

3. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

Keep in mind you must choose the output type. To be able to edit your text you must choose to scan (save) it as (OCR) editable text. Once you do that then you should be able to edit it. Otherwise you will be copying and pasting the actual image not the editable text.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2004
  4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Yes I know how to use my scanner.

Now for your question, Do you own a HP scanner, Cannon or Epson. The software used to scan in images is slightly different.

Since you are having a text issue I am assuming you bought an HP scanner in Oct or Nov 2003. If so you need to go to the HP website and download the new scanning utility that fixes the issue. start here and go to your HP scanning if you have one:
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF02a/15179-64195-215155.html

But let us know the model and make of you scanner and then I can help you.