1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOes anyone know what" "unmountable_boot_volume" means?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by damikster, Feb 19, 2004.

1. damikster

damikster Guest

My Computer crashed earlier today with this message."unmountable_boot_volume" Does anyone know what it means or has this happened to anyone out there? Thanx

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Were u trying to ride it? lol - unmountable hehe - sorry, i know thats not helpful

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

It could mean that you had a fatal error & your PC needed a restart , with a disk still in the drive.
    If the disk had some data on it , Windows will try to read it on boot-up...
    Running WinXP Pro I don't or havent to date had a problem such as you've described.

4. damikster

damikster Guest

Yes, Funny, Sure wasn't when my brand new computer crashed!!!! Got it sort of worked out but, Still don't know why it happened...Makes me sorry I started this ripping stuff.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

What was you doing when the 'crash' occured ?

6. damikster

damikster Guest

Dell Tech had me run chkdsk...This repaired the prob but they ordered a new HD for me just in case there was some damage or something..Happened when I was shrinking with dvd shrink...Hope it don't happen to anyone else without tech skills like me.

7. damikster

damikster Guest

Funny thing is I just got done with a successful rip a few mins before..I was all excited but then on my next rip after doing everything the same way, I crashed as dvd shrink was examining my new decrypted movie. Monitor screen went horizontal, blue and white bars and froze.