1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know why my Nero is doing this?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by VMathis, Apr 4, 2007.

1. VMathis

VMathis Member

I have a problems with my Nero 7 which is doing the following...Whenever I download a movie and try to burn it to a DVD to be played back in a DVD player here's what happens: Some of the movies burn perfectly, however some would play on the computer, but when I try to burn them onto a DVD the movie comes out perfect but without sound. Also some of the movies burn perfectly yet they seem to be on some kind of sound delay. (Meaning sound is either ahead or behind the scenes playing.) Is there something I can do to fix this?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Nero isn't a top knotch avi to dvd converter which likely accounts for some of your problems. Try ConvertXtoDVD and see if that solves your sound problems. The trial mode will watermark its output but otherwise it's fully functional. Sometimes due to earlier editing/conversion some of the necessary markers for keeping audio/video in sync are missing which makes it more difficult for converters to keep things in sync. In that case you may need to demux (separate) the audio and video from their single stream, make a timing adjustment to the audio, and then recombine them.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Help for resyncing if necessary:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t256557.html

You may be able to get an idea of how far off your audio and video are by using the Media Player Classic. Play > Audio > Options will allow for adjusting the audio forward or backward w/r (in millisecs) to the video. You can then use this for editing the video in Goldwave or one of the other audio editors.

Edit: corrected link

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007