1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone use a NEC1300a burner???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Iceburgh, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Iceburgh

Iceburgh Member

just wanted to know if anyone used this machine, if so how do you rate it? and if any problems could you list? this is a preburner question i found one at a reasonable price and i only seen 1 extreamly posity reveiw of it but not enough to confirm my buy. if so what disc do you find that works well?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

well, I almost bought that burn but, for say $20 more I saw that I could get the pioneer 106 so I got the pioneer instead

3. rah

rah Member

i have a iomega, which is a NEC1300a With a different logo, it's been very good to me so far

4. bobbych

bobbych Member

i have one, and have flashed it using updated firmwares etc, and it is fantastic, i tried to convince my mate to buy one, but he opted for a 106, and now regrets it, as he has since purchased 2 lots of 25 bulk DVD-R's, and they will not work with his 106, but work fine on my NEC1300A!!!!

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

updating the firm on the a06/106 should give the reading back to dvd-rs... and if that dont help... use the hacked firmwares... that should bring back all the dvd-rs that the a06/106 wont read...

6. Iceburgh

Iceburgh Member

thank you very much in providing the info i needed, to purchase, i feel much better in purchasing now. originally the very low price scared me into thinkin this product wasnt any good. so now i can be some what assured that i will have a decent product to use. happy burnin to you all

7. MARK69

MARK69 Guest

Hi, about the nec 1300a, i bought this when it first came out and had no problem's with any dvd media, and with out updating firmware, i hear a lot about updating your firmware, for now it's fine for me and will not be doing any update's on the firmware, just thought i would add this!