1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Azureus report download/upload rates correctly?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by maxxjulie, Mar 2, 2007.

1. maxxjulie

maxxjulie Regular member

I've been a utorrent user for a long time until a few days ago. My avg firewall downloaded a driver update and ever since I've been getting tracker offline errors like crazy. It usually works fine for a couple hours or more if I'm lucky and then the status turns red and I get the "tracker offline" error. I once had a few torrents dl'ing from different trackers and it happened on all of them. I decided to try Azureus hoping the problem will not reappear with a different application. So far it hasn't. However, the download/upload rates are much higher than ever before. Utorrent gave me a max dl rate of around 600 kB/s and a max upload of around 60 k/Bs. Azureus is doing max download rate 750 kB/s and max upload of 120 kB/s. This can't be right, can it? I downloading a torrent that's 49 gigs and I've downloaded 14 gigs in a little over 4 hours. It seems to good to be true. I don't have T1 or anything special like that. Just a cable modem. I don't even have any ports fowarded.

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Try doing a speedtest here : http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ *turn off your azureus, msn, and anything else beside your webbrowser that uses the internet before you do the test*, then come back here and post the results.

3. maxxjulie

maxxjulie Regular member

i did the test and here's the results:

download speed: 1207 kB/Sec
    upload speed: 121.3 kB/Sec

it's kb/sec, not kbps. looks like azureus is accurate. i guess it's also possible to get an even faster download speed than I'm getting. i was happy with 750 kb/s but i wouldn't mind over a 1000kB/s. if only my stupid avg firewall allowed a way to open foward ports. i get the firewalled/nat error in azureus telling me to foward ports but I can't do it no matter what.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007