1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Clonedvd 2 have feature like advanced analysis in Shrink & Nero Recode?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jakobY1, Jan 14, 2005.

1. jakobY1

jakobY1 Member

Have been getting errors with Recode 2 that, according to other users, have been pretty common with latest version. Though I like the speed with which Recode encodes, using the Slow Encoding/Advanced Analysis - and the quality is great WHEN it actually works - I don't like the amount of coasters I've been getting lately (lots of backups, on standalone players, will play fbi warnings, then stop. If you play again, then movie actually starts... but any glitchiness with backups annoys me to no end)

DVD Shrink is more stable and reliable and I still use it, even though backing up using Advanced Analysis takes SOOOOO long.....

I've read a few reviews that state how impressive the quality AND speed is with Clonedvd2 - so I downloaded trial version, but I don't see any feature like 'advanced analysis' or 'slow encoding' or anything like that.
    Does it automatically backup using highest quality setting or is there something I need to select that I'm not seeing...?

Any help/feedback on the program would be greatly appreciated, thanks...!

2. jakobY1

jakobY1 Member

Okay, just did a test burn with Clonedvd2 and have to say quality does not compare with Shrink/Recode in Advanced Analysis/Slow Encoding mode, I can totally see the compression whereas in Shrink & Recode compression isn't visible - so I hope there is a high quality mode that I missed.
    Anyone?

3. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

No. CloneDVD 2 does not have a [bold]high quality mode[/bold]. But CloneDVD 2 can do things DVD Shrink can't do. It's a trade off. Personally, I don't see any difference between the quality of the two. I watch my copies on a Toshiba 36 inch TV. Looks good to me ;)

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I also can't tell the difference. I pretty much just use CloneDVD2. I watch on a 65" big screen.