1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does DATASAFE DVD+R media work on ps2?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by gichehoo, Jan 21, 2003.

1. gichehoo

gichehoo Member

I read some where that they are compatiable with ps2's! is this true?

Thanks

2. jr1966

jr1966 Guest

yes they do ,i've got v5 ps2 and have been using these disk about 10 so far and every one is a winner.

3. gichehoo

gichehoo Member

I got version 5 Not version 1. I take it i will still need a mod?!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2003
  4. StevieT

StevieT Member

If you want to play DVD movie backups it will work without a mod chip (mine does PS2 Pal V5 using DVD-R), but if you will be playing backup games then you will.

5. x_rider

x_rider Member

Hi guys, any help on this subject would be greatful. I recently purchased a TDK dvd+r/rw 2.4x Indi Burner and seem to be running into problems burning ps2 dvdr/originals. I downloaded programs such as Nero 5.5.10 and Stomp Record Now...I researched on how to burn them on a couple of sites. I tried to use Nero "burn entire disc" but it always says the dvd is too big to fit on the desired disc. I know this can't be because the game is Tekken 4, and that game isn't going to fill an entire 4.7 GB dvd+r....I also tried to make a global image on RecordNow...it always comes up with errors.... And Prassi dosn't recognize my burner...

What other programs do you use? What ver are they?

If anyone can give me "real" help, I would appreciate it. I don't need programs or games, I just need help using the utils on how to make a succesful ps2 burn on my tdk dvd+r/rw burner....

The problem I have is that I can never make a full dvd+r burn, since the program "always" pulls up errors such as not enough space on the destination dvd+r...come on now, the dvdr to to be copied is the same size as the destination dvdr...That's what always happen on Nero 5.5.10, and RecordNow, there always seems to be a problem creating a global image. Is there certain setting that I should change on any of these progs? If so, please tell me.

thanks guys for helping!