1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Driv3r ( Driver 3 ) work with a steering wheel?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dew1989, Mar 29, 2005.

1. dew1989

dew1989 Guest

I am thinking of getting the driving force pro steering wheel and i'm wondering if anyone know's if it's compatible with Driv3r in 200 degree mode.

2. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Nope, sorry, that game isn't supported by the Driving Force, or Driving Force Pro models.

If you're still going to buy one, do what I did, and bookmark this page : http://www.logitech.com/promotions/promo.cfm?countryid=19&languageid=1&contentid=7873

It's a list of all the games supported by it.
    Also, if you download and install the Logitech MOMO wheel drivers for it, you can actually use the wheel for racing games on the PC (with force feedback and everything)

Let me tell you something : I bought a driving force pro (rather than paying for a night in a nice hotel here in Vegas for my girlfriend and I for the night) and I'm not really regretting buying the wheel.

The game works miracles for GT4, you can do everything from having it to 200 degree mode, to having a full, car simulation with 900 degree steering. It's insane, it'll make you rethink the way you play every racing game.

Anyways, if you can afford to put down on the hefty $150 USD price tag, and you're planning on playing a lot of racing games, then go for it.

If you're only getting it for one, or two games, (Gran Turismo 4, etc) don't buy it.

I mean, it's $150 that could be better spent, but it's a wheel that'll last you years. Not only that, you can use it for your PC.

So, if for any reason in the future, you can't use the wheel (PS3 games don't support it) you'll always be able to play racing games on PC with it.

3. dew1989

dew1989 Guest

what inexpensive wheel would you recommend.

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

There's really no good inexpensive wheel. Mad Catz makes some. There's a nascar-logo'd wheel, and that's a logitech wheel as well.

If you're gonna get a wheel for a few games, and for the short run, I'd say go with a Driving Force (not pro) or the Nascar wheel.

There's also no-name brands that you can find for around the same price range. Basically, you're looking at spending between $30-$60 on a decent wheel. Those are the prices that most people pay for their wheels. And those are the wheels that are most popular.

Or, the MOMO wheel from Logitech.
    Also, if you don't mind the owners, you can also get a wheel refurbished. You can find refurbished Driving Force Pro wheels for as low as $70