1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does DVD SHRINK work on movie files downloaded from the net?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gdarko, Jan 23, 2005.

1. gdarko

gdarko Member

i guessed this was the best place to ask, but i wanted to know...

I have dvd shrink 2.3 and also 3.1, i downloaded a film on the net that I would like to burn. This is fine except, this one film has a scene in it that I would like to take out with dvd shrink.

I opened up dvd shrink, clicked on 'open file' and noticed that none of my movies files tuned up. So I click "all files" in the roll down menu instead of 'dvd navagation files [ifo]' and when I finally find my movie files, I click on the one I want to use and it says "INVALID IFO FILE NAME"

How can I stop this, so that I can use any of my movie files?

do I have to convert the movie files before putting them into dvd shrink? and if so, what do I convert them to?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

if there AVI files you could convert them with a few diffrent AVI to DVD programs. Just do a search for them, they are out there. With my AVI files I get off the net I use NeroVission Express and burn a DVD-VIDEO with it. I havent tried editing in it to take parts out but I think you can i could be wrong.

3. CG_Gurl80

CG_Gurl80 Guest

Yes Shrink can work on movies downloaded from the net, download DivXtoDVD from the following website.

http://www.vso-software.fr/divxtodvd/divxtodvd.htm

Very easy to use, just create a folder to store your soon to be created file and open the file you want to convert to DVD and hit the "Convert" button. Wait for awhile as it converts it. Create new folders for separate chapters if you want and repeat the process.

Next, open up DVD Shrink and select "Open Files" and open up the directory that you created to store your converted files. Click and drag those files over to the browser and let Shrink analyse and encode the files for you. Once it's done, you'll have a nice new ISO file to burn to DVD with your program of choice. :)