1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does DVD X Copy keep track of your copying and then send it back to their website?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by rfcf2, Aug 13, 2004.

1. rfcf2

rfcf2 Member

I was talking to a friend who has used the Platinum version of DVDXCopy for a few months.
    She recently added one of those PC Security softwares onto her computer. After adding it she tried to copy a DVD like she usually does. She was surprised when a message came up basically saying, "Warning information is trying to be sent to 321 website. Do you want to allow it to send information?" She said she clicked No about two to three times and then it let her copy the DVD. I have not tried to copy one recently. When I do I'll be certain to turn off my Internet connection so that there is not anything being sent to 321 in the background.
    Was this just a fluke for her or does anyone know if information is being sent back to 321 (by Internet) whenever you copy a DVD?
    Thanks!

2. slb

slb Member

rfcf2, I have been told no they do/did not, but then again I'll wait til one of the superior members chime in.slb

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  3. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

IT doesnt matter anymore because 321 studious is shut down already they cant do anything now

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

To my knowledge that info was for updates. When using XCopy, there is a file placed in the backup that I believe contains your license info.

5. rfcf2

rfcf2 Member

I asked too because I recall reading that the music industry is going after P2P music swappers (sorry if I'm saying this incorrectly) by finding out who they are through their IP address, etc. I was thinking that maybe 321 is gathering which titles we are making copies of and then sending the information to the MPAA. I also thought of this after you posted that 321 had to give money to MPAA to help with their anti-piracy.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Your tooooo paranoid. If your going to worry about it, maybe you shouldn't backup your [bold]own[/bold movies.

Not by their choice ... they've been ordered by the courts.