1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does EAC3 include the lossless data when extracting to multiple waves?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Crink, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Crink

Crink Member

I have a Samsung BD3600 bluray player. It'll read files from the USB port including mp4, mkv, avi and divx. I've been ripping blurays and converting the video using Handbrake and they look wonderful and are much smaller in filesize. Ideally I would love to keep the DTS-HDMA audio track but it glitches the video when playing it through the hard drive. If I make an AVCHD it plays fine. But I dont want discs. I want everything on the hard drive. I have tried movies that are encoded as DTS High Resolution and those work perfectly from the hard drive. Just DTSMA and Dolby TrueHD glitch when playing from the hard drive.

I've tried converting them to PCM Waves and those are not recognized codecs even though PCM plays from a disc.

So what I've been doing is using EAC3 to rip the audio file into multiple waves (1 mono wave for each available channel), then I use DTS HD Encoder Suite to encode them into a DTS High Resolution file and then merge that back into the mkv. It plays and I really can't tell that there's much difference between the DTSMA and DTSHR file as far as quality goes.

My question is this:

Does EAC3 only extract the core file from the DTS file when making the multiple waves or does it keep the extra data from the DTSMA file and incorporate that into the multiple waves? I want to know if I'm actually converting a full High Res audio file into DTSHR or if I'm just converting the core file.

2. Crink

Crink Member

Bump. Come on people. Someone has to have an answer for this.