1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does firmware 5.2 fix open tray errors?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nycfusion, Feb 28, 2007.

1. nycfusion

nycfusion Member

I wanted to know if the new firmware version fixes the open tray errors I've been having. Please let me know guys. Thank you.

2. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

It supposedly does, but the rubberband mod fixed the opentray issue for me :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  3. emachine

emachine Guest

Also curious.

4. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

I don't think so. People still get those errors even with just 5.2 firmware on their system alone. Its probably the read speed thats wearing the laser down.

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well, i have 5.2 and have never had the issue so i guess it did

6. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

How long you had it? Usually people say the problem starts showing up after 3 months of use.

7. paulbrem

paulbrem Member

When firmware 4 was released I had it flashed, after about 6 weeks of messing about due to open tray errors I flashed it myself using firmware 3.3. Never had issues with open tray since. Firmware 5's release notes say that the open tray errors have finally been fixed.

8. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

I flashed my bros 360 with verson 4 ( cant remember which 1) and all i got was open tray errors, but about a week later 5.2 caome out and i flashed it with that. havnt got a open tray error since =D. its atleast worth a shot if ur getting open tray errors.