1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does HD Advance 2.1 work on Modded PS2 ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Mcdoogle, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Mcdoogle

Mcdoogle Member

Hi sorry to be a pain if this has already been mentioned elsewhere. I have just brought a network adapter, HD advance 2.1 and a maxtor 200Gb hdd model 6B200P0 so i can copy my back up games to the hdd but when i HD Advance says it cannot find a hard drive ( i have even tried my maxtor 20gb disk with the same results). is it because my ps2 is chipped ? do i need a crack for it to work? could it be a faulty network adapter ? even though the network setup disk has found the adapter and given it a mac address. Also the hard drive works fine in pc and i have tried changing the jumpers to slave and cable select (master is set by default). Help please, it's driving me mad!

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

set it to master, not slave or CS. Also check the compatibility list, maybe yours is not supported.

3. Mcdoogle

Mcdoogle Member

hi, i have already tried it at master as this was the default settings, i have also checked the compatability list and 2 people have said it works. i think its a bit funny how my 20gb maxtor doesn't work either.

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I doubt its really all that funny though.

DO you have any friends with a PS2 that you can try it on? Better yet would be if they have their own network adapter. If they do then plug your hdd into their network adapter and see if it works. If it does, then plug you network adapter AND you hdd into THIER ps2 and see if that works, if it does then plug your network and hdd into YOUR ps2 and see if that works.

This way you can eliminate what the problem is. It could be your network adapter.

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

One other thing you could try is putting the hdd into the PC, load up winhiip and tell it to format the drive for hdloader. Then your PC will no longer see the hdd, and when you put it in the ps2 it wont need to format it. This may jumpstart it into seeing it in there.

6. Mcdoogle

Mcdoogle Member

have just tried another network adapter and that works fine. I hate it when new stuff is faulty..........

Thanks for your help.