1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does it matter wot type of DVD u use

Discussion in 'PS2' started by conny119, Mar 2, 2004.

1. conny119

conny119 Guest

does it matter wot type of DVD u use to make a backup of a PS2 game?
    im using (packard bell) dvd+rw will my games still work or not?

2. billz

billz Active member

+/-rw will not work on most ps2's

3. conny119

conny119 Guest

shit ive just a load on dvd+rw hoping to copy sum games. is their a way to play them on dvd+rw or ave i lost a my money?

4. shishir

shishir Guest

hi billz, i did the same as conny but i dwnldd a movie from the internet on a DVD-RW. u said it wont work on [bold]MOST[bold] ps2s, what ps2s does it work on? thnx

5. billz

billz Active member

well, the newer one's you might have a chance thou only way to no is try.I suggest if you haven't open the packaging most stores will do an exchange if not a refund.

6. conny119

conny119 Guest

i have a version 4 PS2 i've been told it has a mild dvd+rw Compatibility it this true or just a load of crap? also is their a chip you can but to play dvd+rw's

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

dvd-rw on a ps2 is a nono belive me... just waste of time and money.. ps2 WILL read a dvd-rw but if the dvd-rw is used under 10 times after you used it 10 times forget it... now to make a ps2 read dvd-rw is using a chip but the big chips such as DMS3 magic v and lets not forget that only 50k reads rw normaly.. in other words get a dvd+r or dvd-r burn the game and play...

8. billz

billz Active member

yeah, i had a version 4 forget that.Your lucky it plays dvd+r's, some don't

9. shishir

shishir Guest

hi every1! i want to know how you can know what version ure PS2 is, and do you need a chip to play [bold]DVD+RW[/bold]? bcoz i dwnldd a movie on a DVD[BOLD]+[/BOLD]RW and tried to play it on my PS2, it didnt work. where can u buy the modchip?

shishir

10. conny119

conny119 Guest

so my dvd+rw disks are worthless. wot i need is dvd-r or dvd+r's. will my ps2 play dvd-rw's?
    this site rocks

11. shishir

shishir Guest

i agree conny! this site is amazin! i only found it out yesterday!

12. billz

billz Active member

you don't need a chip to play movies.please stop refering to dwnldd movie.(besides you can't download a movie in +/-rw format you choose the format you burn it on) you need a mod to play backups(copies) of ps2 games

13. shishir

shishir Guest

dont get it billz sorry. its not a copy of a PS2 game. i got a movie of the net and copied it on to my DVD+RW. my friend said that he can play his copied movies bcoz he has got a modchip. if u say u dont need a chip, then why doesnt my copied movie work on my PS2?

shishir

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

dvd movies work w/o a chip... make sure you burn them on a dvd-r or dvd+r... and on 2x or 1x... on 4x the movies might skip depending on the ps2 version... burn the movie AGAIN on a dvd-r or dvd+r and it should work normally just like another movie... btw it didnt work cuz it was on a DVD-RW and as i said RW dont work very good on ps2.. burn again on dvd-r and it will work..
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]eyetie is a stupid silly lil person... heres why...

"I will give you 1 warning and 1 warning only. Continue to piss me off on my threads and I'll leash a flury of assaults on you, your family, and your fuckin shadow too."[/small]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  15. billz

billz Active member

maybe not completely useless do you have a dvd player or a reciept?

16. conny119

conny119 Guest

i've lent final fantasy x-2 from my mate copied using dvd decrypter, it works on his but not mine we both have the same shit for our ps2's why the fusk won't it work?

billz you're a legend

17. shishir

shishir Guest

no i havent got a dvd player. so my DVD+RWs are useless? so if wanted to play a copoed movie on my PS2, id hav 2 buy a DVD+R, burn on it and then play it on my PS2? does it matter what version PS2 i got? how can u check?

shishir

18. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well you need to swap it or use a chip to boot a backup... backups dont work w/o a mod of somekind..

dvd movies work dvdr movies awork aswell no chip no nothing

ps2 backups need a chip or somekind of a mod

ps1 backups need the same

the rest(ps2 and ps1 originals) play normally

19. conny119

conny119 Guest

i have both, but where i bought them from won't take them back as i tried one of them, wot a bitch

20. billz

billz Active member

you proboly have different versions of ps2 what's your version? mod? etc...