1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does lowest burn speed give best results/ dvd-r problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by maxisneil, Dec 14, 2004.

1. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

Hi i was just wondering if burning games at lowest speed possible give best results or is something like .5x or 1x to slow.....?

I have a backup of need for speed underground 2, i burnt at 2x with roxio disk to disk copy, i find this burns my dvd+r games best, and every few seconds it has to stall and load again, im gonna try dvd decrypter now and also toast titanium which i also
    have good results with but can anyone else give me any advice, by the by im using flip top and swap magic and verbatim 8x disks

thank you

2. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

I burn all my games at 2x with decrypter. Works well for me

3. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

but is that with + or - r?

4. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Yes burning at the slowest speed is best since there is less of a chance for the burner to miss/skip information. I use DVD Decrypter with Memorex DVD-R, and they work fine for the most part.

I don't really know for sure since my PS2 is a V1 with a dead laser. Once i get the new PSTwo i'll for sure see how it is.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  5. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

u should burn all ur games with -r to get the best result

6. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

all -r? i just got some taiyo yudens +r so they should work really well even though there +r shouldn't they?

With dvd decrypter for some reason the slowest i can get is 4x, i tried 2x and 1x but they'd read at .2x

thanks

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I use both + and - for my PS2 burns. And actually I have found that +r's work much better for games that nearly constantly read from the disk, like MGS3. Regarding your burning speed, each brand is capable of burning at different speeds. Using dvdd you can check which burning speeds your disks are capable of being burn at.

8. philipman

philipman Regular member

4x works the best for me and I use 120% for all my backups.