1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does modding/flashing/etc put internet play at risk

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by gibbo82, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

i asked this in a different forum here, but i think it was in the wrong place so i am putting it here.

i have been reading a bunch of threads, but no one addressed this so i am hoping it isn't true. my friend at work said that flashing or modding your Xbox can get you kicked/banned from using internet play on Xbox live. is this true? thanks.

2. yu-8

yu-8 Regular member

YES, you can get kicked of xbox live. not if u turn your chip off there is no cheating on xbox live.

3. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

you dont need xbox live though. go here -> http://www.xlink.com and http://www.xbconnect.com both of these site have a download availble where you can play games online by using system link. Not all games that are availble for XBLive has system link though. But a lot of good ones do though, like Halo 2. The best part is that they are both free.

4. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I just want to be 100% sure, so here is my setup. I have a v1.6 Xbox, Xenium Spice modded. I didn't switch the hard drive. The only thing I did was mod the Xbox. So as long as I use the TSOP (or original kernel) I will not get booted? What if the game is a copy? Will you get booted for playing a copy? Thanks for the replies.

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  5. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

if you have a chip you need to do a few things to play on xblive

1. mod chip turned off
    2. all of your hacked software not visible anywhere on the c drive
    3. the original copy of the game.
    4. hdd locked

6. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

but having stuff stored on the E drive is ok? just have the C drive open? what about dashboards and that stuff, or is that saved on the TSOP?

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  7. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

E drive is OK, the hacked dash can only be booted from the f or G drive, you must boot the M$ dash through C

8. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

well, i thought i had a clean C: drive and i tried connecting to Xbox live and it said that i had modded my Xbox and that I can't connect. am i just screwed? if so i will try and use the other connections mentioned. can you download content through XBConnect? im just wondering if i can get the new Halo2 map pack and play online with my clan?

9. Griffin89

Griffin89 Guest

Add me 2 ur msn if u have it griffin3310@hotmail.com i will tell u where 2 get all the downloaded content, and i can give u the halo map pack.

10. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

hey i appreciate the reply. i will definately get that from you some time, but is there a way to connect and play with a clan that is using xbox live if i am on XBConnect? im just wondering if i can play online with my friends in my old clan that was on Xbox live. also, is it possible to somehow get my connection back after being booted?

11. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

xbconnect is different than Live. It uses system link so you can use live clans but they must all be on xbconnect.

btw, i gave a wrong link for xlink above, here is the correct one. sorry if there is a confusion.

here is the good one -> http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

I like xlink better than XBC, but give them both a try

12. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

If I install a new hard drive in the Xbox and then buy a new account on Live, will it let me connect? Is this possible?

13. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

No, because the XBLive uses the embedded serial that is in the motherboard, BUT there is a way to reset it.

14. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

How would I go about getting this information? Thanks for the replies.