1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Nero 8 really work ?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by briama, Oct 23, 2007.

1. briama

briama Guest

I have bought nero 8 and it will not load . It seems to get confused that I am still running Nero 7. I have in fact deleted 7 and run their clean tool 7&8. It still will not load!
    I have spent a fortune talking to there technical "unable to" help dept and sent them all the info files. but I have had no reaction from Nero and they say I will have to wait at least a week for a reply.
    I am running XP on a standard machine so can anyone tell me if NERO 8 really does work. Has any one any ideas why it will not run on my machine.

Can any one help PLEASE !?!?!?!?

2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hi,

Run your cleantool again and download from here and run Ccleaner. Reboot.

then you can download the latest update, nero8.1.1.0b, from here and install it with the serial key you bought with your nero 8.

3. briama

briama Guest

Guyy
    Thanks for your help! Sadley I have followed your suggestions to the letter and I get the same error messages that it can find nero7 and it goes away to delete it and then it open a small info box:-
    "This Installation Package could not be opened. Verify that the packeage exists and thet you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a vald Windows Installer package" I also notice that Zone alarm gives and error message Not a virus;Add tooland its in NERI13904/Toolbar.exe

My original was bought direct from Nero web site

By the way Nero have not replied to my original request for help yet and it is 4 days now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hmm, that's strange, i would have thought running Nero7 CleanTool would have completely removed it.
    I'd say run nero7 cleantool again.
    Then run Ccleaner (using both the 'cleaner' and 'registry' options)to clean your registry
    Reboot.

Try downloading Nero 7.10.1.0 from here and see if you're able to install it.

Not sure what this is but download from here and install HijackThis 2.02.
    Click the option "Do a system scan and save a logfile"
    Post the logfile.

If you have a virus blocking the installation, it will show up on the logfile.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  5. killalot

killalot Active member

Uninstall Nero in the normal way i.e. in control panel restart computer then run the Nero clean tool restart computer again then run ccleaner for the registry restart computer when you reinstall Nero turn off zone alarm and any anti virus software

6. briama

briama Guest

I have finally got Nero 8 to load!
    I bought Nero 7.9.6.0 and then updated to 7.10.1.0
    Up until today i have only reload 7.9 but today I also reload 7.10 over the top and then run Cleantool 7 utility.
    This seems to have worked and Wow I am up and running after 6 days trying and very little creative responce from Nero AG.

Hope that help some others.

7. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Glad you got it working. Happy Burning.