1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does not recognize nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Trooperrob, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Trooperrob

Trooperrob Member

I recently upgraded my PC with a new SDD and installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I used to have Windows XP and used DVD shrink all the time withou issue. After the upgrade, it told me I needed to reinstall nero to enable burning and would only save file to hard disk or ISO. So, I purchased nero. But, its still telling me that "to enable burning, please install nero." I looked though all the menus to try and find somewhere it said the set nero as default, or get it to recognize that I actually do have nero. I went into the nero program, but could not find the ISO file. Any suggestions as to how to get Shrink to recognize that I am actually running the nero program? Thank you.

2. Chetwood

Chetwood Regular member

The nero morons changed the routines to call up their engine from external software in later versions thus rendering Shrink incompatible. No biggy since this bloatware is unnecessary anyway. Just output to ISO from Shrink and burn with Imgburn.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011