1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does playing too much iso cause psp to brick??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by xiiaoboii, Nov 27, 2007.

1. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

i was playing gta:lcs for like 3hrs....then the game suddenly hangs...then when i turn it off and on...it gets to the main menu and it moves for like 2 secs then it hangs and shut off...then when i turn it on again the same thing happens...is this a brick??can some1 help mi???pls im jus a noob to this..thx to all hu helps!!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Take out the Memory Stick and see if you can boot the PSP.

If the memory Stick was being accessed during the hang then you could have corrupted your memory Stick. This could cause an issue with booting up the PSP.

So take out the Memory Stick and see if it will boot up without it. If the PSP boots without it then place the memory Stick into the PSP after you have booted the PSP and see if you can access it via USB.

If you can't then you probably have lost all information off the memory Stick and you will need to try to reformat it.

If you can access the memory Stick via USB try to backup all files you can before reformatting it.

3. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

i tried it wwif and without the memory stick....and i tried putting new memory stick in it....and the psp still have the same problems and btw...im on fw3.40oea:D got anymore sugestions??thx for helping bro:D:D....oh ya.....i put the mem stick on my frens psp and it also does have the problem but his oonly crashed and still can be used is mine bricked???NOOO!!!..:(:(

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try taking out the Memory Stick and the Battery. Make sure it isn't plugged in via AC Adapter. After a few minutes place the battery back in and see if the PSP will boot up.

5. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

bro i did tat already..even with the ac adapter pluged in and plugged out.:D....thx for tha help anywaiess:D:D....oohh ya btw my mother board is ta-82 if that helps??:D:D.....PLX SOME 1 HELP MI....im gona die if i dunt get it fixed....

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What custom firmware are you on?

Try going into the recovery menu. Do this by turning off the PSP then hold the R-Trigger button down while turning on the PSP. This should boot you into recovery menu.

Put in a Memory Stick that works (Not the 1 that is having the issue).

Download this RECOVERY folder HERE if you have 3.71 M33 or above custom firmware.

Download this RECOVERY folder HERE if you have 3.52 M33 or below including OE versions.

Download the RECOVERY folder that corresponds with your custom firmware and extract it (All files needed are included in the download).

Go into Recovery Menu and toggle the USB then drag the RECOVERY folder to /PSP/GAME folder.

Now go to "RUN PROGRAM AT /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" in the recovery menu and select it. This will recover your PSP back to 1.50 firmware. You will now have to update back to the custom firmware you are currently at.

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

i'd upgrade the firmware to 3.52 m33-4 or 3.71 m33-3. a clean firmware flash from 1.50, chilly willy's keycleaner, and format of the memory stick should fix it.

8. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

my fren helpd mi do tat 2 hrs ago....but it still dint work...sorrie bro...guess i have to buy a new 1??...haix...sigh....

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Ask you friend to help you create a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick. You can use his PSP to do these steps and use your battery to convert to a Pandora Battery. Then recover the battery back to normal after words.

HERE is the guide for those steps. This will recover your PSP straight to 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  10. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

yo larrylje thx for tha help man!!! but mine dint go to 3.52 m33-3 it went straigt to 3.71m33-3 which i did wan to upgrade to...but i saw that it was onli supposed to upgrade to 3.52m33-3....wat happend???..thx alot bro!btw my ms still cant be used...dun noe y

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It was my mistake. I miss typed 3.52 M33 instead of 3.71 M33-2. The guide says it will update to 3.71 M33-2 I just botched the above post which I have corrected.

So your PSP is running fine now?

If so start the PSP without any Memory Stick in it. When it boots and your at the XMB insert the Memory Stick and see if you can format it via System Settings.

12. xiiaoboii

xiiaoboii Member

yup my psp is fine.....tho my mem stick is like...crap?...or worst...i managed to make it work...but after formatting via psp my psp crashed....and when i try doin it on my com it was fine when i put it bac into the psp it crashed...so i dint care but to sell it away for $10 :D:D:p:p...btw THX !!! ur tha man...oh ya...is there a 3.71m33-4??

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The latest update is 3.71 M33-3 which you can get HERE. Just download the update and extract it. Then drag the update folder to /PSP/GAME and run the update via Game Menu Memory Stick.