1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does PS3 play games from any region?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by lewischar, Feb 14, 2007.

1. lewischar

lewischar Member

If I bought a US or JAP PS3, can they play any game from any region of the world? So I can buy one now from US or Japan and not have to worry about only playing games from those countries?

2. lewischar

lewischar Member

Scrap that, I know the answer.

3. cp2006

cp2006 Guest

fusking USE SEARCH YOU STUIPD NOOB I HOPE U GET BANNED

4. lewischar

lewischar Member

Same as other replise.

Doss cunt.

5. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

so save me searching wats the answer lewischar

6. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member

..you got banned.

7. cp2007

cp2007 Member

I may have got banned for stating the obvious that is in the forum rules where you use search function to find out information and you wonder why your questions have been given so little reply s
    i will know tell you ps3 games are region free ie an American gave plays on a jap console and vise versa and will be the same when it is released here the uk however dvds and ps2 games are region locked to there specific territory's

8. lewischar

lewischar Member

So tell me, what was so hard in telling me that in the first place instead you posted abuse.

I have searched on other threads under your alias and you do the same to others, chill out and don't be a prick for no reason.

9. cp2007

cp2007 Member

people that don't search annoy me and some times i have sudden out bursts its over now lol

10. snowy1985

snowy1985 Member

How do you know this to be true. Ive heard that even though the games are not region locked, pal games from england wont work on a NTSC model from jap usa.

11. lewischar

lewischar Member

I dunno, all I heard from this was that all games are region free and so can play anything. Let me know if you find this to be true or not and i'll have a look aswell.

12. snowy1985

snowy1985 Member

Ive looked on various forums and it seems like no-one will really know until march when the ps3 comes out. The reason I think a pal games wont work is because on play.com their advertising ps3 games to preorder. and at the bottom of the screen it says pal and will only work on english and european ps3. I dont know where they got this info from because all other sites dont say anything.

Ive a jap ps3 and if it dont play english games (pal) im not really bothered because you can get games off the net for half the price and usually before they get released in england , ive have a few games and only payed around £30 where as they will cost £50-£60 in the uk .

13. lewischar

lewischar Member

Play might just be saying that so people buy it from them and not from the net. Its just when I get a ps3 im givin my ps2 to my bro so i still want to play some ps2 and ps1 games, eg final fantasy games, resident evil, mgs, devil may cry etc. I dont want to be stuck with a jap or us ps3 and not be able to play my old games as i have alot.

14. dpickett

dpickett Guest

i'm going t take a little risk here and ask a question that may be fairly obvious to you.

Why are there there differnt formats (?)

What is the difference between the two?

This is something maybe i should just know playing video games, but i don't. I just know where is a difference but never understood why, or what the difference is. Thanks :)