1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does R4 work as a passcard? Where do I put the tape on the SD Adapter?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by LufianGuy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Its been awhile since I have been on here, sorry for that lol!

I bought an M3 miniSD and a Passcard 3 awhile ago. I was writing Lunar Knights to it when the comp popped up illegal operation and the miniSD locked itself into a permanently unwritable state. I recieved my replacement about 2 weeks after this and haven't touched it since, I'm afraid its going to happen again ;(

I told all of my friends about the R4 at school and told them to get Children of Mana, now they are leveling up and leaving me behind, so its time for me to get my mods going (DS, PSP, PS2).

Questions:

1. Does the R4 also work as a passcard? (I think it does, been awhile since I've been in this scene)

2. Does anyone know where you put the tape on my miniSD's SD Adapter that locks it into a permanently writable state? (or what can I do to make sure they dam miniSD won't lock up on me like it did last time, AND NO IT WASN'T THE LOCK/UNLOCK TAB :p)

Thanks for your time and consideration

2. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

Well I know the R4 works as a passcard.

Of course my M3 miniSD doesn't work when all of my friend's R4's work.

I got a replacement miniSD and I tried it for the first time today and it is constantly telling me it is write protected. I even put tape over the tab and against the tab to keep it from moving to the lock position.

This is so upsetting, it really makes me upset.

I'm hoping that the card reader is bad, seems I will probably buy another from meritline, does anyone have suggestions for an awesome miniSD card reader?

Also, why does it seem that no one wants to help anyone on the forums nowadays and everyone is cranky?