1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does read rate in dvd dycrypter affect final result?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by fishbulb, Jan 12, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

my burn rates in dvdd are usually pretty fast. i was wondering if how fast or slow a dvd is read affects the quality of the movie on my hard drive or once it is burned.

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

fast burn rates will cause more problems than fast read rates.If you do some reading around here most people burn around 4x.

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Read rates have no effect on the final result. DVDD will read the disk as fast as the drive and the individual disk will allow.

4. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx. i'll just let it read as fast as it pleases then :). btw, i do burn only at 4x, even though my verbatim's go up to 8x. they still burn in under 15 min about 95% of the time. to me that's great.
    i did experiment w/ one at 2.4x once and playback was awful at best! could have been the disc though (maxell dvd-r). it was the very last one on the spindle and the only coaster out of 15.