1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does really the...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NoSldrPs2, Mar 31, 2005.

1. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

V7 PS2 can't be modded with a NoSolder chip???

I think not...

2. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

why mod your PS2? so many alternatives are being released. Go with Swap disks or hard drive. USB or internal.

3. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

I already have a the Swap magic disks, but a hard drive is a lot more expensive than the NoSolder, besides being not fully tested (it seems it keeps giving some trouble...), and since my PS2 has long been bought....

My real good option is to get a NoSolder chip and fit it on a V7 PS2, so that's my question, does the Nosolder chip really works???

I remember that somewhere i read that some won't work...

4. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

No solder mod chips are known for blowing fuses on ps2s. If your going to use swap magic purchase a fliptop and use that with it.

5. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

Well, i have a V5 with a NoSolder for the past 3 years, and it works fine, not a single problem with the chip (but with backups....)

Now, for me, it's more riscky to get the spinning disc from the reader than the NoSolder...
    How many times have you though it might bust the DVD reader engine????
    And with the Slide Card, it happens the same, since you're forcing the tray to come outside (strassing the motor on the way!!!!!!!).....

So, as long as it works for me, i'll stick to the NoSolder (besides, a lot cheaper than all the other alternatives!!!!!)...

6. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Well i guess its luck of the draw. Some no solder mod chips are made badly. You must have got a good one. I would still reccomend the fliptop.

7. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

Well, i was just pointing my "faith" in the NoSolder...