1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does ripit4me work like AnyDVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by davudw, Feb 15, 2007.

1. davudw

davudw Guest

Does ripit4me work like AnyDVD and work in the back round as a dycryptor? And work with DVD SHRINK. So that there aren't alot of backed up movies taking up needed space on my hard drive?

Thank you for your help and look forward to your help?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No. RipIt4Me (RI4M) is a ripper decryption setup. It rips the files to the hard drive while cleaning and processing for compliance. AnyDVD is a driver (on the fly) decryption program. You have to delete the RI4M ripped files once you get through with them. No big deal, but you have to do it or you get a build up of movie files. Some programs require hard drive files while others can use the on the fly decryption of AnyDVD. Both have their uses. Currently I prefer RipIt4Me, but I'm not tossing AnyDVD. Decryption programs are small, so I keep a few of them loaded. None have been 100% all the time, so I like having back up options.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

4. Shardel

Shardel Guest

When I use AnyDVD I write an ISO File to the hard drive and then
    burn the disc. After burning the disc, I delete the ISO file-
    dump both my recycle bin and Norton Protected Recycle Bin. Then
    there is no space taken up on the hard drive. I like putting it
    in an ISO file because I get better burns than on the fly (almost
    never get an error-only time is if there is an unusually scratched
    disc). Also I have found that AnyDVD and Shrink are more forgiving
    of scratches than RipIt4Me. Both programs are useful. I use
    AnyDVD about 95% of the time because I find it to be faster than
    RipIt4Me. However RipIt4Me does the really impossible to rip
    movies days and sometimes weeks before AnyDVD. The other thing
    about RipIt4Me is its free. Still AnyDVD is worth the money.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

They both have to read through the scratches, that's a function of the optical head or the ability of the software to slow down and read the file. RI4M uses DVD Decrypter which is known as one of the best rippers for its ability to slow down and read problem sectors. Decrypter was always the go to for Shrink when it encountered problems. That was by instructions from the Shrink author. AnyDVD merely bypasses the copy protection on the fly and has nothing to do with scratches. The heads up is between Shrink and Decrypter and Decrypter has always won in the past for decryption, including the more problematic rips.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The two programs don't work the same; but at present ripit4me is working BETTER with Shrink than anyDVD.

7. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I have to agree with pac. I ran some yucky disks through ripit that bagged in Clone still. Hmmmm, must be the optics thing...

I will keep AnyDVD and Clone because I paid for them, but I do use RIPIT mostly unless I am in a big hurry. (Like the kids found the new DVD before I could back it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick before they destroy it, let me back it up!!!!!!!!!!!!! times)

I still like ripit a little better just because they CAN do it in a pinch no matter what it seems. I have yet to have it fail on me.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

9. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Was this a while ago??? So the same shrink I have now will seamlessly integrate with imgburn, like it does for decrypter, nero etc. That's cool!

sousecat...giggle...

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The Shrink appears to be the same, except it links to ImgBurn instead of DVD Decrypter. You install 3.2 and then replace the exe with the one from the download. That swap is more simple than swapping and renaming files between ImgBurn and DVD Decrypter to get the ImgBurn support that way. Plus updates for ImgBurn will be easier, they won't need to be swapped and renamed each time. Next time I need to update ImgBurn, I'll probably try the "new" Shrink to see how it works.

sousecat... I was wondering if anyone would notice my feeble attempt at humor. ;) You drink red bull this late in the evening? That stuff this late would have me thinking of a jog in Pamplona in El encierro. LOL

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  11. Altercuno

Altercuno Regular member

@PacMan & Kitty@

Hi, I,ve been using this Shrink that links to Imgburn for months following a recommendation by Binkie 7. Works great and I love Imgburn...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  12. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I catch it all pac...AND I'm on the west coast. Got a little more time to come off of the caffine buzz. I could drink double espresso right before bed anyhow...

@Altercuno - Groovey! I am glad to hear it. Blinkie has given me some great advise too. I am going to try imgburn real soon.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL I finally beat Binkie to the punch. I nentioned the update first. LOL It's been out and about for a while, it's just not been big news.