1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Shrink copy dvd title after backing up with it?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hugabone, Nov 25, 2004.

1. hugabone

hugabone Member

Iv noticed that after using shrink backedup dvd's in my drives, be it stand alone or dvd rom ,my backups arent recognized when loaded. In other words when I check my d: drive it just says new dvd instead of the name of the dvd. When I use other backup s/w, It recognize as it was the original. Samething goes on my stand alone. The title of the dvd would read across the screen with the original dvd but not with the backup using Shrink to copy it. What gives? Why isnt Shrink putting the title's name on the dvd. The other s/w is Intervideo which is great s/w as well.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi hugabone,

Did you type it in ?

Because DVDCopy2 even though it costs you $$$ isn't as flexible as DVD Shrink (Yea, it "frosted" me too, a FREE proggy was soo much better than an $$$ one).

When you went into DVD Shrink's "Backup", what did you put for your "Disc label" ? You know, in "Burn settings" ?

Whatever you put in Disc Label will read across the screen too. Type whatever you want there from "This is an original DVD" to the Name of the DVD (I usually put the DVD's name there myself -)

I'm sure the answer is clear by now BUT you asked the same question so many times I tried to provide as many answers to you -

Cheers,

Pete

and Happy Thanksgiving -

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  3. hugabone

hugabone Member

Yes I tried to put it as many ways to get it across. I asked this last week and I guess because of the way I worded it I didnt get the answer I was looking for. I did this time. I will try this.

4. hugabone

hugabone Member

Oh yea, Shrink works great. Much better than the previous version. The Intervideo s/w I used was DiscMaster 2.5., Thanks

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  5. hugabone

hugabone Member

Interesting. I just checked whats in the volume label and the name of the dvd is in there so it didnt change. But none of my dvd's have label names on them. I will investigate further.

6. hugabone

hugabone Member

Naw, still doesnt work. Iv burned 3 dvd's from the same movie. 2 using Shrink and one using DiscMaster. I made sure the last copy using Shrink had the name in the volume label before burning it. Still comes up as just DVD. No luck.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

It must be something, all my discs say the name of the movie (that's what I put there).

2 questions:

1. Have you done any editing ?

2. Do you work in the ISO mode ?

Pete

8. hugabone

hugabone Member

Well after using Decrypter for burning instead of Nero I now get the label but having an error. I have another thread about that.