1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does soul calibur 2 and silent hill 3 works on v7 ps2 with cdloader v7 beta 3?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by shinobier, Sep 20, 2003.

1. shinobier

shinobier Guest

i've got v4 ps2 with flip-top cover and using cdloader, so i've got no problem to play double protected games like silent hill 3, soul calibur 2 etc.
    but my friend who's got flip-top moded v7 ps2 wants to play them as well. will these games work on v7 ps2 with cdloader beta 3? has anyone tested them?

2. phillyboy

phillyboy Member

cdloader as in magic disk?

3. lillee337

lillee337 Member

Yes it works.

4. shinobier

shinobier Guest

woahh.. are you sure? does this v7 cdloader beta 3 makes all those double protected game work on v7 ps2? hell, if it's true i can finally put everyone of my v7 ps2 owner friends' complain to a sleep. i will test them on their ps2 this weekend and hopefully it works like you said. =)

5. shinobier

shinobier Guest

hmm.. i just test this v7 cdloader beta 3 on my v4 ps2 and it boot both soul calibur 2 and silent hill 3. i guess it will most likely work on v7 as well since last v7 cdloader beta couldn't even boot those games on my v4 ps2. everything is cool. =)

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

cd loader b3 will load silent hill 3 on a v7 ps2 along with tombraider a.o.d.,hitman2, balders gate and several other games cant answer about soul calibur 2 cos it aint avalable were i am yet

7. gansta77

gansta77 Member

silent hill 3 and soul calibur 2 work perfectly using cdloader b3. I've been playing soul calibur 2 on my v.7 ps2 using slide card and cdloader b3 for like a week and a half now without any problems. splinter cell works just fine too.
    has anyone tried freedom fighters yet?

8. shinobier

shinobier Guest

this is great. now i am regreting that i sold my v7 ps2 and spent money to buy v4 ps2 to play double protected game a while ago. if i only have waited 3 more months... lol.. anyway, it's good to see this cdloader beta 3 finally works and all my friends' complain go to trashcan now. =p

9. R-DOGG

R-DOGG Guest

well i know this from experience. i have installed all kinds of modchips in every ver of PS2 and here is what I KNOW!!... protected backups will only work on ver 1-6 and the first batch of ver 7. Heres how i know....when u first turn on your ps2 look closely at the screen. If it is in full screen then it will play protected backups fine. however if its in widescreen (with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen) then it will boot up and after the first FMV u get the pink screen. IT DONT MATTER WHAT KIND OF MODCHIP YOU GOT!!! the new ver 7 PS2s come with the new motherboard that allows the protected games to tell the system if the game is real or not. Tomb Raider AOD and Hitman 2 do not have this protection thus allowing them to be played on any modded ps2. However Splinter Cell and NBA Shootout 2003 and other games have the protection. The protected games and the new ver 7 motherboard work together to prevent the protected backups from being played on the new ver 7 PS2. Thats why we are hearin lots of different stories. Sony did a good job in cufusing the hell out of all of us lol

10. computor

computor Member

so i have a v7 ps2 39003 and your rite there is a black border on the top + bottom. if i get a flip top cover what games will i not be able to play. will cdloader v7 help? please answer my questions someone. thanx

11. Dan_100

Dan_100 Member

Do you know if Prince of Persia is a double copy protected game ???

THanks !

12. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

prince of persia-sands of time boots straight from swap magic 2 dvd and does not require cd loader

13. Dan_100

Dan_100 Member

Why I can't boot it direct from magic swap 2 DVD. Should I brun this game on a ritek instead... For now I use Verbatin and Maxell and neither work ! :(

I burn Gateaway succesfully so I don't think that my problem is a burning problem !

14. Dan_100

Dan_100 Member

I changed my media (I use Ritek) and now everyting works !

Thanks !