1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Swap Magic *really* burn out your PS2 laser?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DataDrain, Mar 21, 2005.

1. DataDrain

DataDrain Member

I was reading through a few threads on here, and it's been mentioned that Swap Magic will burn out your PS2 laser. Is this true? I just recently purchased the newest version (3.3, I think) from modchipstore.com, and the last thing I need is for my PS2's laser to crap the bed...

2. keras

keras Regular member

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I've been using it for a while now and have had absolutely no problems.

3. recondo

recondo Guest

From what I have read,some of the 700011 ps2 consoles were distributed with faulty lasers but not a very large quantity of them.

4. clouser

clouser Guest

as far as i know the swap magic works just like any other ps2 game no more straine on the laser than with a normal game.

5. Manh

Manh Regular member

i have 3 systems in my house that all uses swap magic, and none of the lasers are crapping on me.
    the reason why other people are saying that it does is probably they have an old system and the laser is on its way and they are blaming the damn disc.

final words: don't worry too much about the disc killing your laser