1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Taiyo Yuden make a Dual Layer Disk

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zemrudi, Jan 24, 2005.

1. zemrudi

zemrudi Member

Seems like cheap media doesn't work with my
    Sony DRU-710A. I tried Sonic media (doesn't work) So I used Taiyo Yuden DVD-5. Works every time. NOW I bought
    5 DL disks made by Ridata. (Wasted $40) Works on the computer, but not the dvd player. Does anyone know where to get a good quality DL disk that might work with the Sony DRU-710A.
    Thanks for any help:)

2. vince99

vince99 Guest

zemrudi

I hope someone replies to you, because I have the same burner and I'm having problems. I used verbatim DL disks. Some play all the way through, some freeze when it hits the second layer, but in all cases it freezes if I fast foward. Hope its a media problem and not the burner.

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Moved to media forum.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

I've never seen one advertised, but with dl burners becoming more common, there's a good chance they will come out with one eventually.

5. zemrudi

zemrudi Member

vince99

What I'm about to tell you will save you a lot of wasted time.
    I used the cheap disks, and wasteless hours. Then I decided to buy a good brand. So I went with the "Taiyo Yuden DVD-R47ZZSB8) 8X DVD-R" I never had a single problem backing up a dvd after using these disks. You can goto meritline.com and get them just type 102-270-100 in the search box. I feel the 100 pack is well worth it. But I still have yet to find a DL disk that can back up a large dvd movie that plays on a actual dvd player. Let me know if you find one, and I'll post if I do.

6. Higgsbsun

Higgsbsun Regular member

Yeah, the variabilty of DVD media came as a big shock to me when I started down this road. Eventually, as many have done before, I discovered Taiyo Yuden, no burning or playback problems, on anything, ever.

7. vince99

vince99 Guest

I dont think Taiyo Yuden makes double layer disks.
    If they did that would be great. But for the mean time does anybody know who makes a reliable double layer disk. Verbatims sucks.

8. forkndave

forkndave Member

The only ones that I've tried have been Verbatim. I did the first one with Shrink and Nero with AnyDVD running in the background and it plays on the computer only. I did another one with DVD Decrypter ISO read and ISO write and it played all the way through on my DVD player. The first one I did AnyDVD sees a structure error. The second one didn't have this. I have one left since I bought a 3 pack at Walmart. Maybe I'll use it someday. The movies that I use Shrink on look fine to me. I would only like to use DL so I can put the DTS audio on without shrinking it down to 45% or so. A lot of movies I can buy for less than the cost of a DL disk, so I doubt I'll be using many of these.

9. forkndave

forkndave Member

Sorry about the double post. It didn't look like it went.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005