Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bribreeza, Apr 29, 2005.
does the PS2 slimline need a modchip in it to read burnt games?
PS2 games are actually pressed DVD/CD discs, they are not burned. PS2 games use the Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of the disc to identify themselves to the PS2 unit. The BCA is not part of a disc that you can burn on, it is only replicated on pressed discs.
So, the only way to play backups is to get boot-discs or a mod-chip.
No matter what version ps2 is still the same.
For boot-discs go here ----------> www.swapmagic3.com
and how to i do a boot disc?
How about you check the link I gave you?
What is Swap Magic?
Swap Magic boot disks has been designed with one purpose in mind - booting backups/import games. In the Swap Magic 3.6 Plus package, there are two discs. One disc is for booting CD-R games, and another is for booting DVD-R games.
In short, the procedure for booting a backup with Swap Magic is like this:
1. Insert a Swap Magic Disc in your PlayStation2 (CD is for booting CD backups/import games. DVD versionis for booting DVD backups/import games)
2. When there are two options(Load Program and Video Mode)on the screen, that is the time to swap the disc
3. Use Flip Top Cover or Slide-Tool to eject the CD tray
4. Insert your CD or DVD backup
5. Use Flip Top Cover or Slide-Tool to put the CD tray back
6. Press X on joy pad and the game will start
oh ok, thanks, i didnt see the link u gave me before!! thanks
so you dont need a HD if you have a boot disk?
Separate names with a comma.