1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does the speed i write at mess up playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by saqib, Mar 8, 2003.

1. saqib

saqib Member

im currently writing at 24 speed and the sound is jerky and some parts of the video is jerky.
    when i paly it on my comuter it works perfectly

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes it can yes. The recommended burning speed for vcd/svcd is 4x so I don't go higher than that!!!

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Sounds like too fast of a burn to me.
    4x: best write mode for DivX, VCD, SVCD
    8x: safe mode for DivX, VCD, SVCD
    12x and higher: CAUTION mode: movie playback "could" be jerky, audio out of sync.

Shoey

4. saqib

saqib Member

thanks for the replys and i tried 8x speed but it was still the same the vcd works on the computers cd drive with out any distortion but on the standalone it is distored.

5. saqib

saqib Member

does the format i convert to have an effect on playback eg:pAL or NTSC

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

saqib,
    I'm just glad you tested 8x speed. Basically this means you home dvd player can't handle VCD's burned at 8x is all. Again, thanks for testing, much appreciated.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2003
  7. Dela

Its funny you asked that because some vcd/svcd, usually those that are downloaded have specifications of NTSC but the movie is PAL and it causes all sorts of trouble on stand alone dvd players!

8. moonbaby

moonbaby Member

I have burned some movies at 32X and they were picture perfect. I have burned some at 12x and they were absolute shit. I guess, maybe, something happens when you convert it that the computer doesn't show but the DVD lens picks up on. I've wasted many a CD-r this way. lol!

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Whenever you use the transcoding process, it's a pretty good idea to burn as slow as you can=4x.(video)

Shoey

10. monzaman

monzaman Guest

I know it sounds daft but ensure that you are using cd media that is at least rated the same speed as your cd recorder (24x), it's dead easy to pop a cdr into the recorder and not look at its speed rating before recording!

11. Dela

If someone had a 32x burner and tried to write at 12x but it didnt write correctly, that says BAD for your burnr which obviously couldnt handle the extra time it takes to burn at 12x than at 32x!! I agree with cd-r media being a very important part in playback!! No point on relying on cheap media for the best results!!