1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this sound worth trying?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by ñññññññññ, Jan 15, 2005.

1. When it says Playstation 2 does this mean it`s done checking the barcode on ps2?
    If yes then here is my idea:
    for booting with a modchip you put the disk in and hit reset. correct? then at startup it will check for a barcode you know the part when it says sony playstation 2 and theres this blue cloud and weird shapes.

Ok lets start:
    A) CD BACKUP
    No mod or swap magic
    Buy a fliptop a cheap ps1 game (unless you own one)
    boot ps2
    put in ps1 game press reset
    wait for the screen to turn black and say Playstation2
    open your fliptop
    quickly change it with the backup of your choice
    I think it should load your backup. I haven`t tried it yet. Can anyone try it for me? You need a fliptop this http://www.google.com.mx/search?q=c...-hk.com/review/ps2fliptop/+flip+top+ps2&hl=es fliptop lid not the boxy clone

B) DVD BACKUP
    Original DVD version of any ps2 game
    and it`s the same method as above except you use a ps2 dvd game

Any luck? I don`t feel like buying swap magic.

2. My fliptop hasn`t gotten here yet. thats why I need someone to try it.
    If it does work I bet the company that made swapmagic knew all along.

3. My fliptop hasn`t gotten here yet. thats why I need someone to try it.
    If it does work I bet the company that made swapmagic knew all along.

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

It doesnt and wont work.

5. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ya that also sounds like a lot more work for playing your backups, just buy the discs man 30 bucks is nothing compared to the free games your going to be getting

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

if you want a way to play some burned games that is much esier, use your flip top and load the MC exploit onto your MC. Then when you boot into keylauncher open the top and throw a CD with any .elf file you want to load ( EVERY emulator for the ps2 IS a .elf file) then press R1, and instead of going to your mc0 to look for elfs go to cdfs. There you can select your elfs and just make sure you have a bunch of roms on the same CD. Now you can play hundreds of old Snes or genisis games with no swap magic disk.

Also with the MC exploit you can use CDloader to play your burned games. This also stopps the disc for you so you are not trying to pull it out from spinning (Thats a fast way to ruin stuff)

7. SO swap magic will ruin the ps2 after using it a 100 times because it doesn`t stop sppinning?

8. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

no, the method you described at first is about trying to swap a burned copy in the middle of booting. The disc will be spinning from the second you turn the ps2 on until the main title screen of watever game you are playing. In fact there is not a game that I know of that EVER stops the disc from spinning. So to do "your" swap method requires you to pull a spinning disc out of the ps2. Wich can and will fly off when you open it and scratch the surface of the disk or "poke your eye out"

The swap magic and cogswap exploit stop the disc in the tray from spinning while it is waiting for you to swap the disc. This is for safety.

Not to mention that the laser will be moving all over the place on your midstream swap method, and that is sure to wear things out faster.

So to answer your last question....... No, swap magic will not burn out the laser any faster than using the ps2 for playing original games.