1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Upconverting DVD Players work for burned dvd movies?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by 88Camaro, Jun 6, 2007.

1. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

I'm about to purchase a 58" Panasonic Plasma TV mainly for DVD movies (NON-HD) and I'm not sure if its worth buying a upconverting HD-DVD Player for DVDs that are burned using DVDFAB and DVD2ONE. Will i get better quality over an older style player?

2. zipptide

zipptide Member

umm ok i guess , but why bother ,anyway you probably are going to want to get the UP-vert dvd player 1 because with that size and stlye of tv it would be insane not to . 2 With the full features theyre about the same price as standard dvd player. And 3 Quality is always lost as the TV size go and DVD size goes down. Especially junk internet AVIs and burned dvds. The simple answer is heck yeah and dont look back ..>:p

3. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

Well, that really doesn't answer my question. I already have a 'regular' DVD Player (and i wonder if the "Progressive" feature has any picture quality effect on a plasma...) so if the new up-converting players don't do anything to enhance the quality of a copied dvd, then why would i buy ut? I haven't been able to get a definite answer regarding if copied dvds benefit from upconverting...

4. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Upconverting works just as well for copied DVDs as it does for regular DVDs.

However, the quality of a copy will be different from the original if additional compression has been added, for example, to fit or shrink a double-layer movie onto a single 4.7GB disc instead of recording to a DL DVD+/-R.