1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does using the R4 brick the 3ds?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by maipe, Mar 16, 2014.

1. maipe

maipe Newbie

I was wondering does using the R4 brick the 3ds like what a lot of people say? And is the r4 compatible with 3ds version 7.1.0-16U? Lastly, what happens if I update the 3ds? Would the r4 still work? Sorry about all the questions.

2. brandon3

brandon3 Newbie

The answer is never! R4 3DS card is 100% safe for 3DS console.

How does R4 3DS card hack Nintendo console?Well, it simulate the original process to run games or multi-medias.. While the 3DS card is insert into the slot-1 port, the 3DS console will consider the R4 3DS card to be original flashcard, and accept it. If the 3DS firmware updated but R4 3DS card not, the old R4 3DS card can’t be recognized by the console, and stopped by toll-gate, but never brick the console. R4 is safe for DS/DSi, and R4 3DS is safe for 3DS console.

so take easy to use it. if you need , you can buy R4 3DS card from this site :http://www.r4depot.com/

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  3. dana12

dana12 Newbie

firstly , i wanna know which r4 flashcart do u have ? if ur flashcart is for playing ds games , well , all r4 flashcart can works great with the latest 3ds version 7.1.0-16U, so , dont worry about anything after u update ur ds to V7.1.0-16U .
    the second situation is : if ur r4 flashcart is for playing 3ds games , u would better not to update to V7.1.0-16U , cause , u know , any of flashcart that can play 3ds games are only works with ds V4.1-4.5 console .