1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does www.PspVideoGuide.com Really Work???????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MRBHCK, Jun 4, 2007.

1. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Hello^_^ I was surfing the net and I saw this site Iam Thinking about Joining:)

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Unless your last name is Rocafeller and you dont mind paying for information that you can easily find in these forums via the search button (not to mention google) for free, then by all means....Otherwise, save the $24.95 and treat yourself to a new case or a couple used games for your PSP!! **if it sounds too good to be true....**

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Hey:) How are you? Really How Do you Know Have you tried it? Do you Have it? yeah sure you Can find Written tutorials on How to do this Free on the Net Yeah I gree But not VideoTutorial Showing you Step BY Step Procedures on How to do This Projects! well if you Know a site where I can find A step by step Video Tutorials for Free then Please tell me and Dont even Mention youtube because they dont Have Step By Step Video Tutorials on How to Downgrade psp:( I have checked sorry for My Spelling:(

4. silentdan

silentdan Member

Then go ahead and blow your money on information thats free every where else.You asked for opinions and dEEz_nUtz gave you one so whether u want to follow it or not its up to you.

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Whats wrong with youTube?? lots of good information there...Like I said, if you want to waste your money on garbage, go ahead..No I have not used that service, nor would I when all the information I need is in these forums..Besides, what are you trying to do to your PSP that you need a video for??

EDIT-I am willing to bet that somebody made those cheesy videos using all the tutorials from these very forums....any takers?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I'm sure most of us will agree, with most software modding (downgrade/custom xmb/ect), it's very easy. But it's understandable how someone would feel intimidated at first. My advice, grab a guide, get your hands dirty, and start follow it step by step, you'll realize almost immediately how simple it is. If tons of people have done it, how hard can it be?

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I guess to answer the burning question of "does pspvideoguide.com really work?" My guess is probably..why? because somebody with some entrepreneurial sense took the time to scour the various forums and websites to compile all of this information and put it to video..and then in turn work you out of $24.95 for said information...Is it really necessary? No..

Although, whoever put this site together makes it sound very convincing with their sales pitch (theres even audio!) I might end up having a change of heart and joining myself, and while I am at it, I hear PSPblender is hot too!! lol

8. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Hello:) First of all Thank you for Responding to my Thread second I appreciate all Of you Helping me in Giving me Information. Okay Heres the Thing I have a psp With a TA-082 Mother Board my current Version is 2.81 and I want to Downgraded to 1.50 Why you say well the Only Reason Because I want to Play Like old School Games and Arcades I have GTA Unpatched the only thing is yes I have read The written Tutorials Many times and Still dont get it and Iam Just not that Bright as you Guys out there so thats Why Iam Lookin for a Step BY Step Video Tutorial n How to do this Project it would be a Piece of Cake for me

9. Sudds

Sudds Active member

You will have to upgrade to offical 3.03 no higher and use the hen downgrader.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  10. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Here's a guide.
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2792391
    Go to 3.03 downgrading tutorial. You have to update to 3.03 before doing that though, here's the link for the 3.03 updater:
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163

11. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Okay People I Joined^_^ PspVideoGuide.com and In no time I Upgraded my psp from 2.81to3.03 and then I downGraded my psp to 1.50 so The truth is Out it works Iam so Happy I joined this Guy teaches step By step Instructios on video on How to do almost every one of these Hackings you can do on a psp and glenquag I appreciate you tried to Help me Thank you!

12. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

well, there you have it folks...

The age old question of "does pspvideoguide.com really work?" has indeed been answered, and the proof is in the pudding according to Mr.BHCK- good luck in your future endeavors, good sir.

13. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Okay now can someone Please tell me if I Upgrade my psp to 3.03OEC will I still be Able to play old school Emulators? and Roms? Like Nes,Snes,SEGA, MAME, NEGEO,

14. silentdan

silentdan Member

Dont they have those answers at PspVideoGuide.com you just paid to join?
    Anyway just to answer realy quick-Yes!

15. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Firt of all Thank you:) For Answering my Question Second Theres no need for your Sarcasm:( Iam Really A nice Guy so lets Keep this Thread Clean:)Okay!

16. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

So then, was joining that site really worth it? Well, here's my story:

A few days after having my PSP, I saw a video on youtube of someone playing Chrono Cross on their PSP. I thought, Wow, I didn't know they made a re-release on PSP! Then, I found out it was emulating the Playstation. I HAD to find out how they did that.

I knew nothing of PSP emulation. I didn't even know how to put music in there! With the help of google, Afterdawn.com (you guys ROCK) and the trade between my friend consisting of swapping my v3.03 PSP with his v2.0 PSP, I accomplished this in 8 days:

- Downgraded to 1.5, upgraded to 3.03 OE-C
    - emulated NES (NesterJ), SNES (SNES9x TYL), Genesis (DGEN), Gameboy Advance (gpsp), N64 (Daedalus Wally), and PS1 (PSX2PSP) successfully
    - Played homebrew (Super Mario Wars) successfully
    - Changed gameboot (Gameboot MSO Mod) successfully
    - Changed wallpaper (Tenacious D!)
    - ADDED MUSIC (Pick of Destiny AND Debut Album)

Out of all the hours of research I put into my PSP, I would say the biggest waste of time is the time I took trying to figure out why I kept getting a stupid error message when I tried to play a PS1 game on my v3.03 PSP :p

17. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

All the times I mention v3.03, I meant v3.40. Sorry about the confusion.

18. ebega

ebega Regular member

You could have just used this free download:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1044

It is an AIO (all in one) downgrader, and while it may not be video, the program walks you step by step through the process as well as supply all necessary programs.

19. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

That is quite an accomplishment-I am impressed..I too am getting back into the scene after my PSP has been getting dusty from sitting in it's case for the last few months-It is amazing what new developments have unfolded during my absence..I am preparing for the upgrade to 3.40OE so I can make some cool custom themes and icons.

20. MRBHCK

MRBHCK Regular member

Hello:)Same here I just upgraded my psp to 3.03OEC about 5min ago now Iam learning How to put roms on my system!