1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolphin Emulator on PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by fez1122, Jun 24, 2007.

1. fez1122

fez1122 Member

I wonder now if the hardware in ps3 would be fast enough to emulate dolphin emulator in the windows shell with a fast enough frame rate to make it playable.

On my 3 ghz and one gig ram card i get 2 fps of dolphin i wonder what all that under the hood of the ps3 can do.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  2. airball

airball Regular member

I'm not familiar with the dolphin emulator. Is it something new.

3. chrissy12

chrissy12 Guest

its a gamecube emulator

4. cycon0

cycon0 Member

The dolphin emulator really hasn't improved greatly throughout the years. I still get 2-12 FPS on games. But I could totally see the Playstation 3 being a great machine to run it. I can also see it having enough power to run an Xbox emulator. The thing is, that many programmers may not even have the time to create emulators for the PS3 at this time (because it isn't hacked to do so yet). But also if you have tried to use Linux, see if there would be a way to run an emulator with a linux interface. Just try some "trial and error" with emulators and the PS3, you may find out some really good info for all of us. (I would try this too, but I currently dont own a PS3 yet).

As of right now, nothing's cooking for the PS3. But there will be something soon, I wouldn't doubt that.