1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Bother Looking At Eb-Games for Lumines, Sony Recalled.

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Smurff, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

Lumines, the game everyone needs to downgrade has been recalled from eb-games/gamestop stores, including used copies, got this from some of my local ebgames stores, EBGames and Gamestop... apparantly you can still purchase it from Ebgames/Gametops online store, but i don't know how long that will last.

~hadn't seen anyone mention the recall of this title, but figured it's worth a post. Hell i have to try and find a copy myself for my newest psp. (stupid 3.11 shipped psp)

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

took them long enough, huh?
    luckily theres a store near my house thats family owned so sony cant recall from there. so HAH! lol

3. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Sony...eBay.

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I got a used copy from GameCrazy (Hollywood Video) for $12...Better hurry though, they are getting scarce! I am sure they still may rent them as well...Also Blockbuster might still have them for sale in their "pre-played" bin...Not so sure about renting though, I imagine the people who did rent Lumines from Blockbuster-may have "misplaced" their copy...

5. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

i did find one at Gamecrazy just this past saturday the July 21st, it had only been there for a day or more, and i picked it up for $9.50 or so.....but i had called them thursday and they didn't have one, i was just in the neighborhood when i stopped on saturday and glanced in the cabinet and seen it. so i swooped it up.

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Wow, lucky...Somebody must have just traded it in or something..I guess they were done with the game, and no longer had any need for it. Either that, or they were clueless about using it for unlocking their psp...They coulda make a killing on eBay!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  7. narmo

narmo Member

for those of u ppl looking for lumines and live in Canada be sure to check the flea market i'm not sure this would apply to US ppl but just check stores that are not well known but sell elctronics sony can't stop them

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  8. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

if sony ships to them, they can recall them.

but you could check FleaMarkets in the states here as well.

and deez, the guy hadn't seen it the case either, and was suprised they had a copy after i had told him that i want that game, and to get it ready :) he was playing PSX Emu on his psp (i'm not sure what his CF was though...) he was a GTA downgrader though, and now i've got copies of both GTA:LCS unpatched and Lumines Unpatched.

so any psp's i buy or come across i can downgrade easily :) oh it brought up my total UMDs owned to 5

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Thats awesome man..I also have both GTA and now Lumines as well-I was thinking of going into the business of downgrading myself!!

I downgraded from 2.60 myself way back when-Except I went to gamestop looking for GTA and they just happened to have it, but I was a little short on cash-and it just so happened that I brought my PSP in the store with me to "test" the games out-I should also mention that I already had the eboots on my memstick-so it was just a matter of loading the gamesave and 3 minutes later, I was running 1.50FW...Right in the store..I told the clerk, "thanks for your time" and "I'll be back when I have a little more money"...Suffice it to say though I found an unpatched GTA from somebody on craigslist for $5, a week later...

I just picked up another psp a few days ago for dirt cheap-its running 2.82fw with the TA-082 mobo-SO just a matter of time, I'll have that one fixed up good too..

Sorry, that was a bit off-topic...
    But check the flea markets as well as your local pawnshops too...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007