1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't buy from Frys.com

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by neuroboy, Apr 8, 2009.

1. neuroboy

neuroboy Member

They make false advertisements. The web site says that it is in stock then when you placed an order they will cancel your order without informing the consumer, but still bill your credit card!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not an all other topics issue.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Are you actualy suprised? Many states have closed down Fry's for illigal business practices.

4. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

I've never had a problem with Frys Electronics. I've made a ton of purchases online and in store. Never had a problem with refunds or orders.

5. dailun

dailun Active member

I call BS. I would like to see your proof of this very serious claim.

I live in San Jose and have shopped at Fry's for years. I pass by the corporate HQ every day on the way to work.

There are a lot of "quirky" things about shopping at Fry's but I have not encountered anything that wasn't resolvable.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I know that they no longer exist in florida because of their fraudulant business practices. I also remember when I was living in Texas, there were a ton of law suites ON THE NEWS!

7. dailun

dailun Active member

Your first statement
    "Many states have closed down Fry's for illigal business practices."

Your second statement
    "I know that they no longer exist in florida because of their fraudulant business practices. I also remember when I was living in Texas, there were a ton of law suites ON THE NEWS!"

I found nothing credible in print to back up your allegations and you second statement is a far cry from the first.
    It's easy to spew BS without proof to back it up. My ex-wife did it all the time. . . until she went in front of the divorce court judge who shut her down the first time she tried it there.

You have your opinion about Fry's, fine. Your credibility now speaks for itself.

I'm perfectly happy to continue saving money there.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  8. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

https://www.lopezsettlement.com

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1997/1103/6010086a_2.html

Fry's pays its employees' benefits using a VEBA (Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association), and maintains a policy that all employees forfeit any accrued vacation pay upon leaving the company, even when employees work in states like California which mandate that vacation benefits accrue and are to be treated as wages.[8] Employee discounts at the store start very small, and grow very gradually over several years of continuous service. - From the Fry's employee handbook; also posted elsewhere online.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  9. pcrazy99

pcrazy99 Regular member

Wow. That article is over a decade old. Anyways, to be successful in business you are going to have to be cutthroat in some way. The bottom line is, whenever I shop at Frys I have a good experience. Online I always receive my order on time and intact. In store, I returned a big screen tv and received another right away. Never a problem.

10. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Yeah, that is an old article, but it is still policy (even in states where it is illigal, as most employees don't sue). As for the news reports I saw in texas, I think they had to do with a person or group of management that was stealing money...I guess that would have little noticable negative impact on customers (other than possible price increases or cutbacks to cover the losses). Of course one might say that a company run by unethical people will typicaly do unethical things, but this might be a stretch.

11. dailun

dailun Active member

You complain about Fry's being "unethical"?

I hope that you're not shopping at Wal-mart either. Own a pair of Nikes? Eat any poultry that isn't "free-range"? How about veal?

Each of us makes our own disctinction about what is "ethical" behavior and what is not.

What I disagreed with about your original comments is that you made some pretty damaging accusations without any attribution or proof whereas if you just had said "Fry's screwed me don't shop there" I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought.

My experience with Fry's has not been 100% perfect, but I wouldn't vilify them just for that.

I will agree to disagree.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009