1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know if this question is prohibited buttt......

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ThaSunGod, Mar 21, 2005.

1. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

is it possible to burn games that exceed the normal 4.7 gig dvd-r capacity?

2. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

yes, you can do it on a dual layer dvd-r but you need a dual layer dvd burner.

3. modster

modster Regular member

where can you get dual layer dvd-r?

4. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

o ok, good. cause i saw a dual layer dvd burner for 70 bucks in intrex the other day.. BTW.. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GO AS FAR AS PLAYING BACKUPS ON PS2? Should i proceed on getting my ps2 modded? or should i use that swap disk stuff? i dont want my lens to deteriorate due to chipping, nor do i wanna experience accidents with my swap disks, such as them scratching.....

5. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

and modster, if u in da US, check for local computer stores... or any store that may sell computer appliances..

6. steimy

steimy Active member

I have a Sony DRU-700A, now the new model is DRU-710A last i checked. And it can burn anything including dual layer, but there are very few dual layer games out there. Most are standard 4.7GB discs.
    I know GT4 is dual layer and have been told so is the Champions Of Norath series but those are the only i know. You can get the Sony burner at Dell.com
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...age=productlisting.aspx&instock=&refurbished=

it's a fantastic burner.

7. keras

keras Regular member

there are very few games that are dl. Another is Xenosaga Ep 1. You can pretty much copy any game without a dual layer burner.

8. keras

keras Regular member

for your second question, swap magic has worked very well for me. I have a flip-top lid also.

9. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

Too bad PS2's wont play backup dual layer media (DVD9). I tried with Verbatim+DL of a backup of GT4, didn't work!!!!

10. romero

romero Regular member

GT4 is uncopyable, at least for now, but other DVD9's should work if your mod supports them.

11. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

awww dam keras. how'd u get that flip lid top ps2 thingiy? i jus gotta PS2 today, a slim one....

12. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

LMAO.. I OPENED UP THE PS2 BOX, AND I HAVE IT.. LOL

13. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

maaaan.. i'm still worried that if i get this swap magic, i'll incur it's disadvantages.... well, my main concern is that the cds may scratch. they're vulnerable...