1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know where else to ask this...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rewtbeer, Feb 9, 2005.

1. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

I recently downloaded a game from a torrent site. I'm not too familiar with torrents, but this is what happened:

Once the file completed downloading, it was saved as 1 big .rar file. I extracted it, and it made 10-12 .rar files. All numbered. I extracted the 1st one, and it had 1 .rar file in it. So, I extracted THAT one, and found 12-16 files. Some were folders, and some were files.

So, I dont know what i'm supposed to do with all these. Is there a program I need to download that will let me piece this puzzle into 1 big un-compressed file?

Or do I need to manually extract each .rar file, and pool all those files together? And if so, then what do I do with all those file?

Sorry, all of this is new to me. And thanks for any help.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  2. maulucci

maulucci Member

the first rar file would be extraced to 10-12 like you did. then those would be extracted(like you also did). but this is where it changes! the one rar file that you had after extracting the 12 rars, is not acualy a rar file but it is rather an iso file. winrar thinks it is a rar file though. so you need to burn that iso file to a dvd using nero, dvddecrypter, alcahol or whatever you have to burn isos. I use dvd decrypter and just go to mode and iso then write. and then start writing.

when you extraceded the iso thinking it was a rar, winrar just made the folders that should have been made on the dvd.

I hope this helps!

3. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

And here is another dumb reply question:

All the files, that are an ISO, do i just use DVDDecripter to burn them all? or do they need to be turned into an image somehow so its 1 big file?

4. maulucci

maulucci Member

you would just select the iso file(which is only one file) and then select to burn it. the iso file is like a dvd but as a file. so burning it with programs that burn iso's will transform it back to a dvd.