1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOOM 3 ROE audio prob please help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by K.HAMMETT, Mar 1, 2007.

1. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

hi there am having a problem with the audio on doom 3. it works for abit n then acts as if the audio is laggin etc. i dont know how to sort it. i have updated doom 3 etc.

i have an
    m-audio firewire 410
    samson 50a active monitors
    gigabyte ga m55 plus s3g
    amd athlon xp 64 x2 4200+ 2.21Ghz
    gig ram

anyone help

thanks

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

The min audio requirements for Doom 3 and Doom 3 ROE vary slightly (quoted from box).

Doom 3: "100% DirectX 9.0b compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers".

ROE: Requires ver 9.0c on DirectX.

Which version of DirectX are you using? Is you sound card in compliance? Each game disk comes with the appropriate version of DX on it. Or you can also download DX if necessary.

3. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

am using the new direct x 9c i think it is.
    i downloaded doom 3 dvd version and used a no cd patch and that was fine. then i went out and bought it but it was the CD version. the cd version runs prefect but the sounds all weird. the dvd version the sound was perfect but it lagged with the graphics.

anyone help

cheers

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Looking at the info that you have posted I can not tell which video or sound card you have (sorry). My first thought was your sound card. Could be a video card problem as you said you had good sound on one set up and bad on another. ATI or nVidia are the usual list of chipsets required/supported by the game. If your card is NOT on the supported list you WILL have problems.

Which specific sound card do you have?

Which specific video card do you have?

I suspect these 2 areas to be the source of your problem.

5. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

i have a M-audio firewire 410 sound card with active monitors.

and my graphics card is a nvidia quadro nvs 210s/nforce 430

6. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Are you using a laptop?

I tried searching for your "sound card" and all I found were external boxes of equipment to connect via Firewire. Not the usual Sound Blaster, etc. that I expected.

Your quadro video card is NOT on the supported list of chipsets. See here: http://www.doom3.com/sysreq.asp

I think the quadro term implies laptop. If so, you are going to have sound and video problems. Contact the Doom 3 manufacturer for guidance as they made the "Requirements". This is beyond my ability.