1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom 3 what did yoy think?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by RedAnt, Sep 2, 2004.

1. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

-Just finished Doom 3 and my friend asked me what I thought about the game and all I could say was that it looked good.

-what did you think of the game?
    Were you disappointed, why?

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

I haven't finished it, currently in the Hell level. I have to say that I am disappointed in it overall. Other than the great graphics I have little to recommend. The gameplay is the same as what I played 10 years ago and breaks no new ground. The addition of a plot and keypad codes were in the first System Shock, released in 1994, the same year as Doom 1. I am not a big fan of the FPS genre though so others will surely say it's the best game ever, but I prefer a game that challenges my mind, not just "if it moves shoot it".

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Its Ok.. im currently still playing it. One reason I got it was that it got so much attention and uproar, and so I jumped on the bandwagon and got it. It's not my kinda game though, Im more of a WWII game player, Like "Call of Duty" now that game is kick ass!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Another pic coming soon...again

stayed tooned[/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I've never played any of the Doom games so I shall watch this thread with great interest and decide if I want to buy it or not.

5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Call of Duty is a better game experience and the expansion pack come out in the coming weeks (9/12/04 in the USA) it’s a better value for your gaming dollar/Euro in my opinion.

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I didn't know the expansion pack was coming out, Thanks for the info. Ill be looking forward to it.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I loved it. I'm a shooter junkie and thought the darkness, the creepy whispering voices and overall demonic goodness was great although the AI was nowhere near that of Far Cry which was best AI I've ever seen in a game.

I think I'm the polar opposite of Xian since I'm perfectly happy with mindless slaughter :p