1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dose anyone know how to use dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by COLLBOLT, Jan 18, 2007.

1. COLLBOLT

COLLBOLT Member

I have successfully riped an original copy using this software for the first time last night but then when i change the operation to write the file that the information was coppied to dosent show but if i check the file out of decrypter the vob files are all there i dont know how to use this software properly yet can anyone help with somekind of user link or info please.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Decrypter only burns ISO files. If you want to burn the files you have without creating an ISO file, use ImgBurn. Created by the same author. It's burning engine is more updated so it will work well with today's newer burners.

3. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

If you are trying to backup a movie ( Hollywood type)
    Use DVDDecrypter w/ ANY DVD ( by Slysoft-free trial) running on the toolbar-use Decrypter in file mode-this rips movie to your hard drive.
    Burn with you usual program or take a free trial from Slysoft for
    CloneDVD2.

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Go here: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/
    Click on "The Guides", and find the one you need. These are very good guides. He also has links to other software you may need.
    Good luck!

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@COLLBOLT

What are you going to do with the DVD files once you have riped it to your Hard Drive?

Are you going to use a program to transcode the DVD to a single layer disc? (DVD Shrink/Nero Recode2/ CloneDVD2)

If so then you are correctly using DVD Decrypter by using the FILE mode to rip the files to your Hard Drive to load them into a transcoding program. After it has transcoded you will then have to use a program like IMGBurn BUILD option to make the ISO to burn with IMGBurn. You could also set whatever your transcoding program is to output an ISO file then burn with DVD Decrypter.

If the DVD you have already will fit onto a DVD5 (Single Layer) disc or you have Dual-Layer disc to burn the movie on then you will need to use the MODE/ISO/READ option so that DVD Decrypter will rip the DVD onto your Hard Drive in ISO form to then burn it with DVD Decrypter by choosing MODE/ISO/WRITE

(DVD Decypter Burn option will only handle ISO files)

Note: If the DVD you are backing up is a DVD9 disc then you will need a Dual-Layer blank disc to burn the movie in ISO format. If you do not have a Dual-Layer blank media then you will need to rip the DVD to your Hard Drive in File Mode and load it into a transcoding program to shrink to a DVD5 (Single Layer) disc.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  6. COLLBOLT

COLLBOLT Member

Thanks for all your help i will give it a try oh that link to the guide pdf page for dvd decrypter is just a blank page but the other pdf's work fine.

7. JVC

JVC Active member

If you're talking about the guides, on the linked page, in my post above, I just double checked them by clicking on them. They both are working fine (two guides that use DVD Decrypter). Maybe you need to update your Acrobat Reader?

bbmayo said he was going to update a couple of the guides. Maybe you tried to access it, while he was doing something to it? Try it again.....

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You had Decrypter in the "File" mode which made a bunch of VOB and other video files.

Because, as dialysis1 mentioned, Decrypter can't burn video files, you've run into a slight problem.

Try opening the VIDEO_TS folder Decrypter made with DVD Shrink:

Open Shrink, select Open Files.

Let Shrink analyse and when you get ready to backup the DVD files to a disk, select "ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter".

Shrink will encode and then open Decrypter and start the burn for you.

Your movie may have been to large to simply use Decrypter. It does not compress so some "Shrinking" is needed if you are burning to a DVD-5.

Here is a guide to review:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/Shrink_Decrypter_Guide.html

BTW I host most of bbmayo's guides at my website so you can always try there as well. He is working on his site so it may be coming on and off line as he makes changes...
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides.html

9. deoblo

deoblo Member

just use clonedvd2 and anydvd thats all you need and its so simple

10. ufcfan1

ufcfan1 Member

i have dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and still cant figure this movie out im lost, i load the movie, its the guardian using shrink do everything to download it to my computer it stops at i believe 4% and goes no further, then i used dvd decrypter and did it as a file and once it was done went to shrink and clicked on open file and clicked on that file and it keeps on saying invalid data what to do, and i have imgburn and i cant figure that out on how to use it

11. JVC

JVC Active member

The Guardian is a new movie, and Shrink nor DVD Decrypter, will do it by themselves. You need either DVDFab Decrypter (free), or AnyDVD (free trial).

You can download either one from the links provided here: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/
    You can also use his guides, to learn how to use these and other softwares.
    Good luck!

12. deoblo

deoblo Member

anydvd works with just about anything but if you ever have a problem were no matter what it won't work shrink and decrypter will work in ifo. mode with ifo edit it kind of hard at first but once you do it once its no problem.But for sure anydvd is the best software pound for pound !!!!

13. mango23

mango23 Member

My AnyDvd(updated version) wont even read the DVD The Guardian. It says "No Disc is Present in Drive!" The same goes for DVDFab Decrypter and Ripit4Me and they are all updated versions,it wont read the DVD at all. Is anyone having this problem?

14. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

My DVD-RW would not read this movie.
    I used my DVD-rom drive & ANY DVD ripper to hard drive.
    Burned w/ CloneDVD 2.
    Looks good.......

15. deoblo

deoblo Member

clonedvd2 with anydvd should have no problem anydvd runs with most burning softwares