1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dosflash 16 not suitable for new pc's

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ziggi_83, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

This is taking soo long, Im trying to erase my benq firmware with dosflash 16, i do everything correct the numbers are changing a then turn it off then back on after like 3 seconds then it says:
    erasing...wrong flash/drive status.
    i tried and tried again anyone know what to do?

2. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Okay i flashed it, i think the problem was windows vista, anyone with new pcs always try iprep v006 dosflash took me 7 hours no lie, when iprep took me 15 mins to do it all!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  3. fl3x7

fl3x7 Member

thanks for the info buddy. ive just got the same error with my benq drive.... and im using vista. looks like im going to have to try iprep as well.

again cheers for the information ive just tried that step like 15 times lol

fl3x7

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

iprep is a lot easier than dosflash, you should try that first everytime, BUT make sure and check the key it dumps before you flash it, because every time i've flashed a benq drive, its given me an invalid 'orig.bin' while the backups are perfectly fine, and all you have to do is simply copy the backup's key and paste it over the 'orig.bin' file that is located in the CFW folder. and then reboot and run the fben command.